• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys,

One of the things I've gotten a little away from lately is group shoe care. My son is in Houston, my wife hanging out with her friends, and all my yard work complete, leaves me and the dog with some spare time. Decided to put it to good use. As I was cleaning up a couple of pair I came to the realization that for the first time, I am the fortunate owner of the Alden rainbow (sans 2 & 4 of course). I don't recall ever owning whiskey and ravello at the same time and rarely have I had black Shell......

20171104_174451.jpg

I am always amazed (in a good way) at the variation in Alden color 8. They start out similar but over time seem to take on personalities of thei own (kind of like my boys). Here's a family shot of all of my 8's........

20171104_174451.jpg
20171104_174842.jpg

Lastly, decided to do a little boning (regardless of the audience or frequency, saying this always feels odd) on my recently acquired pre-owned whiskey LHS's.......

20171104_174451.jpg
20171104_174842.jpg
20171104_182700.jpg

Last edited:

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys,

One of the things I've gotten a little away from lately is group shoe care. My son is in Houston, my wife hanging out with her friends, and all my hard work complete, leaves me and the dog with some spare time. Decided to put it to good use. As I was cleaning up a couple of pair I came to the realization that for the first time, I am the fortunate owner of the Alden rainbow (sans 2 & 4 of course). I don't recall ever owning whiskey and ravello at the same time and rarely have I had black Shell......

View attachment 870251
I am always amazed (in a good way) at the variation in Alden color 8. They start out similar but over time seem to take on personalities of thei own (kind of like my boys). Here's a family shot of all of my 8's........

View attachment 870251 View attachment 870254

Lastly, decided to do a little boning (regardless of the audience or frequency, saying this always feels odd) on my recently acquired pre-owned whiskey LHS's.......

View attachment 870251 View attachment 870254 View attachment 870261
Fabulous collection!

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

happy Whiskey Wednesday
View attachment 868129

I never get tired of these Ravello Medallion Captoe in Plaza

View attachment 868398

#4 wednesday
nst x the lakota house
View attachment 868452

Happy Friday fellas. Revello on this gorgeous day.

View attachment 868800

Ravello PTBs today, I View attachment 868813 barely wear these

ravello x anatomica
not the most photogenic boots, but they showcase ravello like no other.
View attachment 869725

Guys,

One of the things I've gotten a little away from lately is group shoe care. My son is in Houston, my wife hanging out with her friends, and all my hard work complete, leaves me and the dog with some spare time. Decided to put it to good use. As I was cleaning up a couple of pair I came to the realization that for the first time, I am the fortunate owner of the Alden rainbow (sans 2 & 4 of course). I don't recall ever owning whiskey and ravello at the same time and rarely have I had black Shell......

View attachment 870251

Great work all around guys!!!!

-Mike

Gabru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thursday. Alden Ravello Shell Cordovan NST Boot. Marcoliani Navy Argyles OTC. Epaulet Midnight Navy Cotton-Cashmere Walt Trousers.

View attachment 870327

-Mike
This boot is really awesome Mike... I never buy pre-owned footwear but when you put few of your shoes for sale couple days back, I thought of making an exception in case this one shows up there!!

sterlingindigo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys,

View attachment 870251

Incredible collection. I have it bad for NST’s and that loafer’s just making it worse. Definitely bit by the Alden shell bug and I’m gunning for a tanker boot on commandos.

Misterg12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys,

View attachment 870251

Holy smokes. What a fantastic collection. When I first joined here you couldn’t pay me to wear NST’s but have quickly become my favorite shoe/boot. Well done sir.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Guys,

View attachment 870251

They all have the same wonderful glow to them. Please describe your “cleaning up” routine.

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fabulous collection!

Thanks RTP. Given your collection, high praise indeed.

Great work all around guys!!!!

-Mike

Always appreciate the words Mike, thanks.

Friday. Alden Color 4 Wingtip Boots. Brooks Bros Navy Argyles OTC. Brooks Bros Navy Flannel Trousers.

View attachment 870328

-Mike

I am sure that somewhere a more perfect pair of foot wear exists. Hopefully one day I'll get to seem them. Until then, these will have to do.

Incredible collection. I have it bad for NST’s and that loafer’s just making it worse. Definitely bit by the Alden shell bug and I’m gunning for a tanker boot on commandos.

Much thanks. It's strange because when I first got into the expensive shoe game, it was all wingtips and LHS's. Now my only WT's are a couple pair of Daltons. I've been chasing a tanker boot since I sold my pair from Leffot a few years ago. Once AoM made them available, I jumped on them. My favorite 'casual' boot. The NST loafer is easily my coolest pair of shoes, grail or otherwise. I simply love this shoe.

Holy smokes. What a fantastic collection. When I first joined here you couldn’t pay me to wear NST’s but have quickly become my favorite shoe/boot. Well done sir.

Our tastes have taken a similar evolution M12. Believe it or not, I've got another pair of NST's on preorder. A barrie-lasted unlined pair coming next month from Adam (AoC) that I'm pretty excited about as well. Much thanks for the compliment. Always appreciate the words.

They all have the same wonderful glow to them. Please describe your “cleaning up” routine.

I wish I could Doc but quite honestly, the only consistent part about my routine is the lack of consistency. A little water, brushing and buffing is always included. And personally, I've never seen a pair of shoes that look good, regardless of the shine, when no attention has been paid to the edges. After that its mostly a matter of how I feel. One day its kiwi wax on my light shells another day its sapphire whiskey crème. One day Ill lightly apply some alden color 8 wax, the next Ill use venetian shoe cream. What i will say is that with my 8's, as others have said many times, I use any product vary sparingly. I actually like the slight fading that occurs in the creases on 8. I think it enhances the look and it is only when it gets too bad that ill use product. And when I use product, I let it sit in the shoes for 20-30 minutes before brushing it off.

I will close by saying that I always admire your work in this area. there are not many who can bring old shoes back to life as well as you. Thanks for words. Always appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members