• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nvspwndamnstr39

Reaction score

Brassvellos on dainite

Dayum Daniel

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went to two by me in nj and no luck. They are two others one I might try that have the higher end stuff.

I tried Jersey Garden and Paramus (the one with the Whole Foods) on Tuesday. No Luck. There a bunch more around me, but they suck so I haven't checked.

danB30

Reaction score
that's a lasting hole and quite common. I bet if I looked through my aldens (and other manuf boots) I'd see a hole on most pair

If that's all you saw wrong with the pair, I'd take the discount they offered and roll with them

Edit: Grabbed a couple pair nearby, took the 4th pair to not find a lasting mark
Thanks a ton for these examples and everyone else for their help. I immediately went back and made the purchase. It didn't feel right taking the 15% knowing this, so I just explained the holes to the girl working the front. She and another dude thought it might be some employee sabotaging the shoes.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Brassvellos on dainite
it's nothing interesting, and honestly, a good bit more work to get pairs out of than I'd prefer but I'm in the midst of a move

just two different sized containers from TCS

Hmmm... Thats a pretty interesting system. I have been trying to figure out how to best store my shoes.

Great, I feel like a dumbass... :p

LoL. I actually like your question, because there has been so much comments about how Alden exotics have gotten very dark, I think your question points at the fact that there is a lot of variability from batch to batch, which sort of transcends the time factor.

Just cleaned up my plain toe to start the new year.

Congratulations, you did a fantastic job cleaning up your Color #8 PTBs. Hope that you enjoy the new year!

^^Lots of good sharing of shell availability lately. Keep it up! Unfortunately, nothing in my size
baldy[1].gif

New thread, new year, new avatar, same ol #8 gunboats. I've raised my pants so you can check out my stripey sox:

EQbBVGC.jpg

Now I need to go back and look at your Avatar, but your Color #8 LWBs are looking superb!

JGilbert 6-eye Hummus Suede Chukka
c0008d3537cf4b1c3a4942767ea28a55.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those Chukka Boots are looking fantastic my good sir! They look very nice with your EP Speckled Rivets.

Happy new year gents.

I've been out of the Alden game for a couple of years and now I have a bit of an itch that needs scratching.

Has the "rare" shell availability gotten any better? Specifically Whiskey. Im not too concerned about the style of shoe. I still need a Whiskey pair to complete my (beginner) shell Rainbow.

Happy New Years Blue Collar! The Rare Shell game really hasn't gotten too much better or worse. I do not know what the medium term prospects are for Whiskey because frankly, there has just been a larger batch of Whiskey shells released and most have been already released into the wild. I do not know where they stand in terms of upcoming Whiskey releases down the pipeline.

I really regret not ordering those from Yenni when I had the chance!

Sorry Briar, I wish you had and I hope that the 6-eyelet Chukka news isn't true....

Hello, first time poster here after admiring the shoes for a while. I was looking for a more casual one as my first pair, found out that Mildblend in Chicago carries some, and this one caught my eye: https://mildblend.com/products/alden-cap-toe-brown-chromexcel-44924hc . So I went to the store to try on my size, and noticed this hole in the back:

When I pointed it out, they offered me a 15% discount, but I turned it down and requested a special order for another one in that size as it was the last one they had. They said they would be able to do it with a 50% deposit and that it would take about 10 days to arrive. What you guys think about the seriousness of that hole, and did I made the right decision to request a new one? Also, what do you guys think of this particular shoe in general? Just in case I made a big mistake, this was yesterday and I can likely still cancel the order. I did some searching to see if people had posted this one here before, but I came up short. They felt great on my feet, and I thought they looked really good. Any input is much appreciated. Here are some pics from my visit:
Larger one on the rack first:
that's a lasting hole and quite common. I bet if I looked through my aldens (and other manuf boots) I'd see a hole on most pair

If that's all you saw wrong with the pair, I'd take the discount they offered and roll with them

Edit: Grabbed a couple pair nearby, took the 4th pair to not find a lasting mark

These are many good examples...

-Mike

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Thanks a ton for these examples and everyone else for their help. I immediately went back and made the purchase. It didn't feel right taking the 15% knowing this, so I just explained the holes to the girl working the front. She and another dude thought it might be some employee sabotaging the shoes.

Good decision, thanks for updating us!

-Mike

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Happy Friday forum pals. While I await the arrival of some light blue CXL LWBs, work calls. I am off for a deposition in my character as a "highly intelligent expert." Part of the "highly intelligent expert" wardrobe is classic footwear and this calls for the classic cap toe balmoral in calf. They just scream, "I know what I am talking about and I am worth what I am charging to be here." Or that is what I tell myself. Even if that might not be true, I will look the part.

sanomnia

Reaction score

For your reference if u are interested in the whiskey brass eyelets ptb which someone mentioned here not long ago.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Happy Friday forum pals. While I await the arrival of some light blue CXL LWBs, work calls. I am off for a deposition in my character as a "highly intelligent expert." Part of the "highly intelligent expert" wardrobe is classic footwear and this calls for the classic cap toe balmoral in calf. They just scream, "I know what I am talking about and I am worth what I am charging to be here." Or that is what I tell myself. Even if that might not be true, I will look the part.
Many successes in court, my friend! I always think a black calf Oxford is the most serious, no-nonsense shoe around. Yours is very classic. I much prefer it to the park avenue because of the closed heel and fewer stitching rows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members