• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JasonV

Reaction score
Just put up a pair of Leather Soul Alpine Wingtip Boots in the classified, check em out if you're a 10E Barrie.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

Whiskey commando wingtip boots on the 379x. For 14oz but via TSM seconds (and an eBay seller who at the end of the day sold them for only slightly above his cost).
Congrats on your new Whiskey Wingtip Boots. They look superb!!!
J. Gilbert Plaza Tanker
Don, your tankers are looking great. The plaza is a special last for the tanker boot.
[/IMG][/IMG]
These are beginning to lighten up now.
They are coming along tremendously!
Alden X Leathersoul color 8 wingtip. Good Tuesday gents!
Lovely looking Wingtip Bluchers R!
Leffot Tankers and EP plum
Those are looking great and just a killer pairing with those trousers!
Tanker Tuesday love and care after a rainy day....
It definitely was a day full of Tanker love! Looking great! -Mike

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

Got me two new boots from Alden of Madison, NYC
icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif
Today's boot to fend off the gloomy, rainy weather in Boston - Brown chromexcel jumper boots with commando sole:
Second pair I am waiting on the arrival - Brown chromexcel indy boots on commando sole. Will follow up later! If any of you gents are interested, Alden of Madison just received a new shipment of the brown chromexcel indy boots on the commando sole... call them if you are interested!
Congrats on your two new CXL Boots. Those Perf Tips are looking very good and should be very comfy and supportive for you. Enjoy them both!
Hey Gents, We've got a quick update on the TO Tie Guy boot. @EP Dylan just heard back from Alden and we're expecting them to land within the next few weeks
We're really psyched to see how they make up! As always, let us know if there any any makeups you'd be interested in having us run. We have been absolutely swamped since the holidays but we're finally digging out and will be more present on this thread going forward
nod%5B1%5D.gif
Awesome news Sam! Funny considering our recent conversation. Hope all who ordered it enjoy it and all its Plaza-Y goodness.
J.Gilbert Hummus 6-eye Chukka
Those are still as cool as always Don!
My daily WSAYWT is quickly becoming either these or my Whiskey WTBs. Hey, at least I'm alternating them, right?
Ha! Alternating is important. But they are looking superb!
Whiskey Chuck's
Speaking of Whiskey. Your Chucks are looking very good! Enjoy them!
We all know what day it is. :cheers:
Looking great Burz! I enjoy your WW contribution! :)
Rainy day, so some well loved #8 captoe boots for some work meetings.
Those boots should work for your meeting. Hope that they went well and that you kept dry.
Looking very good in your Tan Suede Chukka Boots! Hope that you had an equally comfortable and relaxing day.
Navals today...
Your Naval Boots are looking stunning. The shell and welt color compliment one another terrifically.
Picked these up last week at Leffot. First Plaza WTB for me.
Wow, it's pretty much hard to go wrong with the Plaza Last and Black Shell. These are absolutely no exception to that. They look soo good. Enjoy them!
The sun finally returned to GA. So some DC cigar to celebrate.
Congratulations on your newly found sun! We had an amazing week in San Diego. These Cigars are looking terrific in the sun. Enjoy them!!
One from yesterday before the storm hit full force. Leffot Alpine Grain Daytripper
Marv, your pictures are always so amazing. It looks freakishly cold there bud, so keep warm!!! Those Black Graintrippers are looking stellar! -Mike

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

TSM Ravello NST
Dang Don, this Brown/Purple/Ravello combo is superb. Those Ravello NSTs are just absolutely magnificent!
I'm with you. They both look pretty good. New Dark:
Old patina:
I don't think there is any way to conjur up an argument that either of those are not amazing looking. They are both fantastic in their own ways.
If you're looking for something more formal for work, I like the plaza last. However, my barrie lasted boots have worked well this winter for what you described also...
Your boots are looking good and the great thing about Alden is that they have so many beautiful makeups on a combo of lasts and we get to chose between awesome designs.
I am attending a black tie wedding this weekend and have the tux but don't own any patent leather shoes. Would it be a bad idea to wear shined up Leffot color 8 dovers? On the one hand, they are dark enough in color that it would look black in dim lighting at night, but the antique edge gives me pause. What do you all think? Yay or nay?
Nay.
I am in similar situation with you, attending one on 3/3. I was planning to wear my 975s but it looks really off, I sucked up and brought a pair of black shoes. I would say at least get a pair with black edge.
I personally don't think that even a 975 would look good with a tux. The color and the broguing just would detract too much from the formality associated with a tuxedo.
JCrew x Àlden Tobacco LWB's today
Your Àlden LWBs are looking superb. Such a beautiful model.
403s today.. still my favorite and most worn.
Looking good in your Indy boots. Sometimes the original designs are the best!
Ocho yesterday. CXL today.
Both your Ocho and your Brown CXL makeups are looking superb! Hope that you had two great days! -Mike

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

Nice Indys! I'm rocking mine as well today - love casual Fridays
Brown chromexcel Indys with the commando sole
Your new Indy Boots are looking very good. The natural edge and commando are an interesting contrast.
Finally some sunshine in SC PA. Color 8 Stoneman Chukkas x UM Rogue Territory ISC Officer Trousers
Those Chukkas are just lovely. I saw those a few years back. Reminds me a lot of the LeatherSoul 8 year anniversary makeup, which was a Color 8 Chukka on Antique Double Leather Souls. Looking good sir!
Here you go.....they are are great casual loafer......a little dressier than the LHS IMO
It's funny because we hardly ever seen cxl tassels in general. My Brooks sales rep has an older pair done by BB in Natty cxl and they are just exquisite. These are no exception. Enjoy them!
Cigar Brixtons.
Zippy, your Cigar Brixtons are just absolutely amazing. Nothing else I can really say beyond that except that I miss boots!
Don, these Chocolate Suede Tankers are just looking super good. Can't wait to add my pair into my rotation someday soon.
[COLOR=373E4D]Alden PT boot x beams[/COLOR]:)
Your Beams Boots are looking very good. Don't see a ton of Beams makeups here, but they have a slew of rad makeups. That's a pretty interesting thing you have hanging off your belt. :)
Anyone know the actual width difference when moving from a D to a C width. I have a line on some C width LWB but no place to try them on for reference.
I saw Prez post the chart, but to directly answer your question. The difference is 3/16". Kathy would tell you 1/4"... ;-) -Mike

Last edited:

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the tip, complete novice question but how do I do that? Can't find option in prefs?

Go to your own user profile page. There is an option to edit your signature further down the page. There are drop downs you can use to select your threads to highlight.

Last edited:

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Loafer Week #2.

Monday. Alden Cigar LHS via Alden DC. Marcoliani Brown Argyles. Epaulet Cedar Lavender Check Rivet Chinos.

Tuesday. Alden Black Shell LHS via Alden DC. Marcoliani Black Argyles. Epaulet Dusty Purple Basketweave Walt Trouser.

Wednesday. Alden Color #8 Tassel Loafer (No Photos) via Alden SF. Marcoliani Olive Argyles. Epaulet Kiss The Blarney Stone Donegal Walt Trousers.

Thursday. Alden Black Shell Full-Strap via TheShoeMart. Epaulet Charcoal Speckled Donegal Tweed Rivet Chinos.

Friday. Alden Color #2 LHS via Tassels HK. CHUP Socks via Epaulet. Gustin Charcoal Organic Hemp Selvedge Denim.

-Mike

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads