• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The making of the Gucci Loafer

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good little read here.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
cool stuff. I like the antiquing on the pair they show there. and what can i say...that gucci apron is pretty badass.
wink.gif

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And to think, I was about to disgard a pair that I don't think I have used since joining SF.

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice read, but's there's alot of other styles that don't get that same level of quality ?
frown.gif

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting. I kind of respect the Gucci Loafer a bit more now. I feel like I should not be buying it for some reason though. Brainwashed by SF?

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Newcomer
Interesting. I kind of respect the Gucci Loafer a bit more now. I feel like I should not be buying it for some reason though. Brainwashed by SF?

I know. I have such a hatred for gucci after joining SF. too bad because I have some great boots and a gorgeous dinner jacket (TF era) that I rarely wear because theyre gucci.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DerekS
I know. I have such a hatred for gucci after joining SF. too bad because I have some great boots and a gorgeous dinner jacket (TF era) that I rarely wear because theyre gucci.

Oh man! Gucci = Pre-buzz?
laugh.gif

But seriously, Vox has always espoused the merits the Bit Loafer (with the round toe, of course), as has Flusser... and they are pretty cheap by SF standards. Hmmm...

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
Oh man! Gucci = Pre-buzz?
laugh.gif

But seriously, Vox has always espoused the merits the Bit Loafer (with the round toe, of course), as has Flusser... and they are pretty cheap by SF standards. Hmmm...

yeah, Ive had bad experiences with gucci shoes, looks like the loafer is better made though.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

confused.gif

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NOBD
confused.gif

Haha, I was just saying that they must have *some* merit. My post was being more facetious than anything. Will I run out to buy a bit loafer tomorrow? Nope. Anytime soon? Nope. But it is nice to see a different side to the story.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used to wear mine all of the time when traveling as they are easy to slip on and off through security.

I'm not sure what they are as it is not exactly the "bit" loafer, maybe the "knot" loafer? I found them less loud then the bit. I've had them for about three years and they have held up well:

Shoes040.jpg

Shoes039.jpg

I feel like I just came out of the closet.

Daseinflaw

Reaction score
I'm normally not a fan of Gucci, never have been. (Even before I started perusing SF)
But the this article and the featured pair might be changing my view.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Will read later...

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What function do the horse bits serve?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads