• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Valfunde

Reaction score
What style? I might know some people, and @Fils Unique does custom work as well.
Two or possibly three things. Two I think is doable and honestly interchangeable. I can pick one or the other but the last is most definitely a hail mary especially if it's taking inspiration from an existing designer piece.

First up is a feather chain. I'm really just looking to see if I can get this in a shorter length. Gonna ask First Arrows and a retailer but I'm also not holding my breath. OR something like this with a pendant and chain and all. Just trying to get a layer effect going. First piece I'm looking to just combine with another and the other is me being lazy and just having both together as one.

Third piece, which might be my own dream project if I finally get my lazy ass off to a silversmith/jewelry class, is this piece by Celine. I love everything about this piece except the material. If it was silver with rhodium plated obviously no problem but brass makes me weary.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Valfunde not custom but for the 2nd item with the layering Ann Demeulemeester has done similar things before, though not sure about current offerings. Her jewelry used to be made by Werkstatt Munchen, not sure if they still do.

You can try messaging WM asking to commission a custom piece, I've heard they've done it in the past but I don't know about now since they expanded.

Valfunde

Reaction score
@Valfunde not custom but for the 2nd item with the layering Ann Demeulemeester has done similar things before, though not sure about current offerings. Her jewelry used to be made by Werkstatt Munchen, not sure if they still do.

You can try messaging WM asking to commission a custom piece, I've heard they've done it in the past but I don't know about now since they expanded.
I actually forgot about both those brands and I have a WM piece actually. Browsing yet again. I might ask WM about a possible custom piece though since I'm really interested to see what twist they might do on that Celine piece if they're even interested anyway.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I actually forgot about both those brands and I have a WM piece actually. Browsing yet again. I might ask WM about a possible custom piece though since I'm really interested to see what twist they might do on that Celine piece if they're even interested anyway.

If you do get something custom from WM let me know how it goes, I'd be interested in the pricing and how it turns out.

Bit of advice that you may actually know or already considered, I wouldn't actually link them the Celine piece you want as an example. I imagine they'd be like most tattoo artists and wouldn't want to rip off another artist. I'd describe the piece conceptually and provide a bunch of images of what you like and describing how what you want differs from each one.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sad to see this. I wonder if his partner will be able to keep producing any of the current designs when he relaunches.

Do you know what happened? Have their been rumors about this,.or did it come out of the blue?

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Do you know what happened? Have their been rumors about this,.or did it come out of the blue?
They don't want me to talk about it publicly... but the current designs may be made again and the creative director will go on to keep making jewelry (under a new name).

Paulinuhhh

Reaction score
I’ve been saving up for a good art pequeno bracelet but that new model 22 anchor bracelet they just dropped is calling my name 😳

Paulinuhhh

Reaction score
Link me, link me, link me.

🤤

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

🤤
Not bad, but for the money, just get the original Hermes for the chaine d'Ancre. The prices are way up since I got my last one (in 2020), but not only are they the original, they are also less expensive. They come in S,M,L, XL link size, I (male, 185 lbs 5'11'0 wear my L most of the time, the XL is definitely blingier.

Br sure to leave at least 1", or else it will be painful to get on and off.

Last edited:

karmaguy

Reaction score
Not bad, but for the money, just get the original Hermes for the chaine d'Ancre. The prices are way up since I got my last one (in 2020), but not only are they the original, they are also less expensive. They come in S,M,L, XL link size, I (male, 185 lbs 5'11'0 wear my L most of the time, the XL is definitely blingier.

Br sure to leave at least 1", or else it will be painful to get on and off.
I was about to say this looks like one of those Hermes anchor chains. Kinda crazy it’s cheaper than the good art one right ??

CityHunter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How are y'all storing your jewelry? Right now I'm just throwing all my stuff in a "cool guy" metal mini-toolbox...but I'm not the biggest fan, especially because my collection is growing and it's getting unruly. Is anybody using a proper jewelry box? Or are you all just doing the catch-all/bowl thang?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How are y'all storing your jewelry? Right now I'm just throwing all my stuff in a "cool guy" metal mini-toolbox...but I'm not the biggest fan, especially because my collection is growing and it's getting unruly. Is anybody using a proper jewelry box? Or are you all just doing the catch-all/bowl thang?
I just throw everything into a leather tray catch all tray. But I'm not particularly well organized.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it just me? I have never seen men in my hometown wearing gold chains - the men I know in the mid 40 to mid 50 age group wouldn't wear neck jewelry of any sort. That's my age group, though, so maybe the younger guys do and I'm just not aware of it. We were on vacation recently and the pool was FULL of men - and almost every one of them had on a gold chain around his neck. They were a little younger than my age group but had wives and small to middle school aged children in the pool. My first thought was "Ugh, get that thing off." My second thought was, "Is there a correlation between all that gaudy neck jewelry and your obnoxious behavior?" Of course, it could also have been that there was an open bar and drinks were being served to people IN THE POOL, so as a group everyone was pretty drunk and just easing into the obnoxious category. But all those neck chains.... Do your husbands wear them? What is the deal?
Super Jersey Shores thing. I think that you can look great if your look is totally against stereotype, in general, b\ut I think that for gold chains specifically, you either have to have old guy, old school cool, or be not in the normal demographic group, or you likely just end up looking just plain corny.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babara