• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Dark Knot official affiliate thread - Affordable Luxury neckties

manchambo

Reaction score
Here's my 2 cents on your offerings: they are out of step with what I think most people on this forum are looking for in at least two important respects. First, the patterns are not "soporific" enough--take a look a look at threads like Sam Hober (which offers lots of solid grenadines, wools, macclesfields, and subtle and muted patterns and colors), What are You Wearing Right Now, and Yellow Hook Necktie, as examples. I think these are the types of ties people here are interested in, and that doesn't really seem to be what you're offering.

Second, width--3.25 inches is too narrow. Again, look at the What are You Wearing Right Now and you will see most people in a more classically proportioned (ie, wider) tie. In any case, 3.25 inches is a total non-starter for me.

With that said, the concept--heavily lined ties for a reasonable price--seems like a good one to me. I regularly buy Brioni ties (when I find them on sale) because they are exactly that. But they are generally substantially wider than 3.25 inches.

Bottom line, for me anyway, is that I would be happy to try you out if you offered what I see as an acceptable width, and I would be very interested if I saw more offerings on the grenadine, wool, and pin-dot end of the spectrum, and less in the animal print end (of course I realize you may want to offer those because some people want them, but I'm just not seeing a lot of what I want).

Dark Knot

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Dear Manchambo,

Thank you for having perused through our thread and for your feedback. I really appreciate it. We decided to go with a 3.25 inch width tie as more and more men in recent years have been wearing bespoke. With trimmer shirt fittings, slimmer suit cuts, and a narrowing in lapels, we felt that a slightly narrower tie than the 3.5 to 3.75 inches that accompanied the first decade of this century was warranted.

While images I have shown have been largely featuring our abstracts, solids, stripes and animal prints, we do feature ties that are dotted, along with other variations of abstract that would suit your more preference for more muted patterns. Our latest addition to our collection, 'The Edition Collection', features ties that are constructed from very high yarn silk count, and features patterns that are a little more muted. These ties can be viewed at the following link:

http://www.thedarkknot.com/collections/the-edition-collection

Thanks once again for your feedback!

Dark Knot

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Style Forum Discount

As an affiliate at Style Forum, we would like to offer members here a 30% discount on orders of 3 or more ties, using the following code at checkout: STYLEFORUM

www.thedarkknot.com

In response to some of your questions on this thread:

(1) All of our ties are interlined with a double layer of 100% wool plus cotton
(2) Our ties are constructed with 3 folds
(3) The width of all of our ties is 3.25 inches (though we do offer regular and XL length of 58 and 63 inches respectively for men below / above 6'1)
(4) Our tie price ranges are $45, $59 and $75, with the vast majority of our ties (approx. 75%) at $45
(5) Our range of designs span: Solids, Stripes, Neats, Abstracts, Plaids, Dots and Animal Prints.
(6) While some of our designs are louder, some are more muted in color and appearance. Our goal at The Dark Knot is to provide luxury ties across a range of patterns, at an affordable price point, all while helping men dress better(each of our ties comes with a card with a recommendation for matching suits and shirts, and one can use a filter on the left hand side of the shop to narrow down their search based on matching suit and shirt combinations, placed at the bottom of the filter).
(7) We provide free shipping globally.

Below are ties form our latest collection, The Edition Collection, with more muted design colors:

Dark Knot

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
How a Suit should fit:

In conjunction with our philosophy of helping men dress better, please feel free to read our latest blog article - How a Suit should fit!

We currently have 100+ articles on our blog regarding various topics pertaining to men's formal wear fashion.

http://www.thedarkknot.com/blogs/suitupdressup/17424821-how-a-suit-should-fit

Any feedback is always greatly appreciated!

Dark Knot

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Feedback appreciated

Thanks for all of your input so far this week. Just to summarize, this is what makes our ties unique, and below that, what the key properties of our tie construction are. I am really looking for as much feedback as I can from this community, so please feel free to chime in with your thoughts:

What makes our ties unique?

(1) We have over 100 designs across both Woven and Printed Silk, spanning patterns including: Stripes, Solids, Neats, Abstracts, Plaid, Dots, Squares and Animal Prints.

(2) All of our neckties are 100% silk handmade, with silk tipping, and interlined with a double layer of Wool and Cotton, resulting in high quality feel.

(3) With customer focus at the forefront of our philosophy, we have a card that comes with each purchase with matching recommendations for suits and shirts.

(4) All of our ties come with two tie clips that slide through the reverse side of your tie and fasten to two shirt buttons, thereby helping to keep your tie firmly in place.

(5) Our neckties come in elegant, rich, packaging that makes for the perfect gift item.

How are our ties constructed?

(1) All of our ties are 100% hand made from silk and interlined with a double layer of wool and cotton.

(2) Our ties are all 3-fold constructed.

(3) All of our ties are tipped with silk.

(4) All of our ties are available in regular length (58 inches for men up to 6'1) and extra long length (63 inches for men 6'1 and over).

(5) Our ties feature keepers and label loops that have been sewn into the seams, allowing for reinforced fabric
that will keep your tie lasting you for a long time.

Dark Knot

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
3 Ties for less than $100

We are providing a 30% discount for Style Forum Members on orders of 3 or more ties. For 3 ties, this equates to less than $100 for ties worth $135. Free Shipping Included. Review are available on our site.

Discount code at checkout: STYLEFORUM

Offer ends today.

http://www.thedarkknot.com

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just placed an order for three ties. Very much looking forward to their arrival. Thank you!

Dark Knot

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Just placed an order for three ties. Very much looking forward to their arrival. Thank you!
Yes, Thank You! We just received your order, and will dispatch your package today. We will revert shortly with tracking details. Thanks again.

Regards,

Rishi Chullani

The Dark Knot

Dark Knot

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Spring Season Ties:

Here are some of our favorite ties at The Dark Knot for the upcoming Spring Season!

We are currently offering Style Forum members a discount of 30% off any order of 3 Ties or more (for 3 Ties, that's less than $100 for ties worth $135!). Free Shipping Included.

Discount code at checkout: STYLEFORUM

Offer ends today.

Dark Knot

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
3 Ties for less than $100. Free Shipping included.

Just a reminder, we are offering Style Forum members an offer of 30% off for 3 Ties or more.

For a purchase of 3 Ties that equates to less than $100 for ties worth $135.

Discount code at checkout: STYLEFORUM (caps sensitive)

http://www.thedarkknot.com

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads