• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

watchidiot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
11 for navy. Or is it really only 10 because jch1 said he was backing out of the order?

Trying to convince a couple of colleagues to seal the deal for us.
It really is 11, we have a couple of silent operators in the forum that have been signing up. One more order and we have 3 eagles ready fly!

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was just putting the finishing touches on a post about this over at Dappered Threads when my phone crashed and I lost everything I had written. Too exhausted and defeated to redo it, but maybe someone else here wants to try? Those guys are always looking for great deals...

watchidiot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was just putting the finishing touches on a post about this over at Dappered Threads when my phone crashed and I lost everything I had written. Too exhausted and defeated to redo it, but maybe someone else here wants to try? Those guys are always looking for great deals...
Come on pepper! You can do it (again)!

Haha Ive also been looking at the "currently viewing" section of this thread and I see 2 usernames that aren't in the list. Join us @stevenkmason and @cskny !

ironfist1906

Reaction score
Long time lurker here who joined the forum in order to be apart of the upcoming group buy (voted for the Merlot EC). I purchased my first pair of AE's last year (9.5 D Long Branch Boots) that I love. I am currently training for the Marine Corp Marathon and my feet have spread to the point where I will need to have the long branches stretched. I recently picked up the Patriots in 9E from the shoe bank during the Labor Day sale. I wore them for the first time today and while the left foot fit great my right pinky toe started to hurt towards the end of the day, I'm hopeful that they just require a little breaking in before they reach an acceptable comfort level.

My dilemma lies in that I can't try on the EC's prior to purchase and I'm unsure if I need to go up in width due to the shape of the 2 last. My local AE store doesn't carry any shoes with that last. When I spoke with the SA regarding how the EC fits she recommended that I just find a size that works and that people are "too concerned with how the various lasts fit." I'm not comfortable spending this amount of cash without doing all that I can to get the proper fit.

Needless to say, I browsed the original MTO thread with a fair amount of envy and am looking toward to joining the "MTO brotherhood" :slayer: Any sizing guidance that the board can provide prior to the ordering deadline is greatly appreciated. :fistbump:

sleepyinsanfran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Long time lurker here who joined the forum in order to be apart of the upcoming group buy (voted for the Merlot EC). I purchased my first pair of AE's last year (9.5 D Long Branch Boots) that I love. I am currently training for the Marine Corp Marathon and my feet have spread to the point where I will need to have the long branches stretched. I recently picked up the Patriots in 9E from the shoe bank during the Labor Day sale. I wore them for the first time today and while the left foot fit great my right pinky toe started to hurt towards the end of the day, I'm hopeful that they just require a little breaking in before they reach an acceptable comfort level.

My dilemma lies in that I can't try on the EC's prior to purchase and I'm unsure if I need to go up in width due to the shape of the 2 last. My local AE store doesn't carry any shoes with that last. When I spoke with the SA regarding how the EC fits she recommended that I just find a size that works and that people are "too concerned with how the various lasts fit." I'm not comfortable spending this amount of cash without doing all that I can to get the proper fit.

Needless to say, I browsed the original MTO thread with a fair amount of envy and am looking toward to joining the "MTO brotherhood"
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Any sizing guidance that the board can provide prior to the ordering deadline is greatly appreciated.
fistbump.gif

all the best for the marathon. With a lot of running the toes tend to splay more than the rest of the foot, so a shoe stretcher fitted with the toe attachments (little plastic stubs) should work. (or just have a cobbler do the same.

For me (I have longer than average toes) the eagle county fits a tad narrower than long branch, so I would suggest going up a width so a 9.5 E should work for you. One alternative is to try on a pair in the same last at your local AE store (and to be fair to the SA, buy some trees/socks or shoe care products for the effort the SA put in to get your shoes).

watchidiot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Needless to say, I browsed the original MTO thread with a fair amount of envy and am looking toward to joining the "MTO brotherhood"
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Any sizing guidance that the board can provide prior to the ordering deadline is greatly appreciated.
fistbump.gif
"Welcome to the brotherhood" - I like that if Alden has #aldenarmy, we can have #brothAErhood

I would go for 9.5E based on how you describe your fit issues.

CameronSon

Reaction score
Welcome to the brothAErhood as ironfist would say! If you go for the navy too, tjyoung and the rest of the folks would be indebted to you :)
I've definitely lurked this thread for a while, and admittedly done some MTO shoes based on one's that bl@ster has made.

All in all, over the last couple of months I've purchased 11 pair. I keep telling myself I'll stop, but that doesn't seem to happen!

I'm definitely tempted on the Navy. I actually just purchased the new Boulder in navy, and am eyeing the new navy colored Rush Street's! I'm going to wait until the RDA sale, however, as some shoes are going to be marked down as much as 33%. :)

Last edited:

watchidiot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've definitely lurked this thread for a while, and admittedly done some MTO shoes based on one's that bl@ster has made.

All in all, over the last couple of months I've purchased 11 pair. I keep telling myself I'll stop, but that doesn't seem to happen!

I'm definitely tempted on the Navy. I actually just purchased the new Boulder in navy, and am eyeing the new navy colored Rush Street's! I'm going to wait until the RDA sale, however, as some shoes are going to be marked down as much as 33%. :)
the boulder and rush street navy are distressed navy while the EC GMTO is a darker more formal calf navy.

watchidiot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Oh yes, definitely aware! Blue in general is just a departure from my norm, thats all. :)
Haha understood. Of course I was just making reasons so we can get the elusive 12th order on the navy EC :)

By the way 11 pairs under a year is impressive by any measure. Hope to see pictures, especially your MTOs.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Captain_Fish