• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bl@ster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Alas, the pitfalls of democracy. I would have preferred a dressier boot too, but the tribe has spoken. I think this thread is languishing under a bit of a residual bl@ster influence ;)

Hey, I'm just enjoying the show. :lurk:

What's the phrase, "democracy inaction"? :)

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey, I'm just enjoying the show. :lurk:

What's the phrase, "democracy inaction"? :)

Hey bro, why not join in? They've all got exposed eyelets! ;)

csmitty

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wake up to find all the EC's picking up commitments. But no Townleys :(

BagleyBrown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wake up to find all the EC's picking up commitments. But no Townleys
frown.gif

Just a matter of time. Momentum is building and once a few builds are off the table, the others will fill up.

stevenkmason

Reaction score
Come on pepper! You can do it (again)!

Haha Ive also been looking at the "currently viewing" section of this thread and I see 2 usernames that aren't in the list. Join us @stevenkmason and @cskny !
Ahhhhhhh I lurked through every page of this thread over the past week and was waiting until I got to the end to decide on the GMTO now I'm here.

I'm seriously considering the merlot EC but there's 2 things stopping me; I already have a stock EC, and my next boot will be a shell Dalton.

You guys are killing me ;)

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ahhhhhhh I lurked through every page of this thread over the past week and was waiting until I got to the end to decide on the GMTO now I'm here.

I'm seriously considering the merlot EC but there's 2 things stopping me; I already have a stock EC, and my next boot will be a shell Dalton. 

The answer is clear: get the navy one.

watchidiot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Come on man! Go for it!

Skip the Daltons and go for the shell EC. You would saved yourself at least $75 and you got yourself a more versatile boot. Plain cap toe vs full brogue.

Better yet get the merlot and the shell.

Take it from someone who already has 3 ECs (tan saddle, blue and navy) and ordering at least 1 more (grain).

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haha, this thread has gone from enabling to pushing.

gg253

Reaction score

Come on man! Go for it!

Skip the Daltons and go for the shell EC. You would saved yourself at least $75 and you got yourself a more versatile boot. Plain cap toe vs full brogue.

Better yet get the merlot and the shell.

Take it from someone who already has 3 ECs (tan saddle, blue and navy) and ordering at least 1 more (grain).
Completely agree about the Daltons

ymmt

Reaction score
@watchidiot : when can we agree on dropping the shell makeup? I'm seriously considering switching not to the merlot anymore (because they look at lot more similar to my current shell carmina than i originally though..) but to the navy EC + the Townley. That would basically round out both makeups for production...

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Richard Cohen