• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

watchidiot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm also waiting on my Merlots.

I also regret not ordering a brown grain EC...I wonder if there are 11 others with similar regrets lol

I'm also waiting on my Merlots.

I also regret not ordering a brown grain EC...I wonder if there are 11 others with similar regrets lol

There's one right here. ;)

I know where this is going. Maybe this will help you get there sooner. In natural light in bright and sunny Asia
51c28311a4fcf245550b307bf90f4fa5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ymmt

Reaction score
Those brown grains look SICK :slayer:

I got invoiced oh my Townleys as well. I expect them probably today or early next week.

Anyone have any good ideas for the trunk show event? The natural (tan) shell looks really appealing to me, but none of the shoes that this color is offered on really jumps out at me. Anyone have either a pair of MTO dundees or any Tan shell pics?

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Those brown grains look SICK :slayer:

I got invoiced oh my Townleys as well. I expect them probably today or early next week.

Anyone have any good ideas for the trunk show event? The natural (tan) shell looks really appealing to me, but none of the shoes that this color is offered on really jumps out at me. Anyone have either a pair of MTO dundees or any Tan shell pics?

Check out the Alden thread. Plenty of pics of whiskey chukkas longwings and ptbs there. Natural should be slightly lighter.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

Check out the Alden thread. Plenty of pics of whiskey chukkas longwings and ptbs there. Natural should be slightly lighter.

Here are all of them at once...

As stated, it should be a little lighter, but not much and as you can see is the color varies depending upon the piece of shell (and age and use)...

-Mike

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow...early morning delivery of Bayfields and Merlot EC...on initial inspection they look perfect..will try on later and snap some pics..

Anyone have any advice on merlot? Is that leather finished with a wipe on dye of some sort? it certainly is not a single color dyed merlot. Just want to make sure it is not a burnish effect that I will ruin.

JezeC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1) how would you guys rock natural shell? I think I asked this already, but addtiional opinions would be appreciated.

2) would dress pants or casual cotton pants work? I would think it's perfect for jeans but limited for everything else....

3) And since it's such a light color, natural shell should be MTO in casual deets such as double soles (maybe rubber), exposed eyelets etc...?

MacktasticGDogg

Reaction score

1) how would you guys rock natural shell? I think I asked this already, but addtiional opinions would be appreciated. 

2) would dress pants or casual cotton pants work? I would think it's perfect for jeans but limited for everything else....

3) And since it's such a light color, natural shell should be MTO in casual deets such as double soles (maybe rubber), exposed eyelets etc...? 

I think I would wear natural shell with jeans or chinos (brown, olive, blue comes to mind as good matches). But it would depend on the details of the particular makeup too. I'm thinking about a pair of natural shell MacNeils with red Dainite sole, so such a pair would lean heavily toward the casual end of the spectrum.

ymmt

Reaction score

As stated, it should be a little lighter, but not much and as you can see is the color varies depending upon the piece of shell (and age and use)...

-Mike

Wow thank you. Those chukkas.... I would probably swing casual with them. Is it odd to go with the dainite soles since I keep hearing everyone picking the double JR soles?

I would probably be comfortable going into work with them so long as I can coordinate with the rest of my outfit.

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here are the EC and Bayfield fresh from the boxes... With out flash first then with flash..the true colors probably lie right between the two shots.

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Damn, I'm kinda regretting not jumping on these.

May I ask what edge dressing did we specify for the brown shell Townleys? Should be medium brown transparent right? Appears quite dark from this pic.

Just medium brown...not transparent.

@watchidiot Thanks again for getting this program off the ground...I have all 4 of mine from the GMTO and could not be happier...thanks to everyone involved for sizing advice....all 4 pairs fit absolutely perfect...which was my biggest fear.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads