• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly, maybe even these Trickers boot

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Egdon Heath

Reaction score
In the last 10 years, I don't think there's been a finer shoe made by AE. Perfect in every way.
How so?.
I ask because, good as it looks, it looks just like a Strand. I have a Strand. Actually, I have a couple of Strands. I also have a Tupelo. The Tupelo is identical to the Strand. Why? I'm not getting all this renaming of Strands. Help me out here.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't get the use of poron over cork. I'd rather the cork.

Dainite is whatever. It's useful for rain, but terrible in snow. For a dressier style, I see the utility of having a few pairs on dainite in order to avoid degradation to leather soles/slipping and sliding on wet surfaces when you know it will rain.

I prefer leather/double leather, but I can't say leather is practical if anything approximating wet conditions will be experienced.
Dainite is uncomfortable generally. This specific build isn’t, but most of the time time it is. I’d rather have the combi v tread sole

Egdon Heath

Reaction score
It’s OLIVE CXL.
All caps, no need to yell. I have a pair of olive Strands, partially woven, but they're still called Strands. So, does the use of chromexcel require a change in model name? Whatever, it's not an important question and I don't even care that much about the answer and I don't like to be yelled at.

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All caps, no need to yell. I have a pair of olive Strands, partially woven, but they're still called Strands. So, does the use of chromexcel require a change in model name? Whatever, it's not an important question and I don't even care that much about the answer and I don't like to be yelled at.

The strand is oin the 65 last. So anything not on the 65 last, though a half brogued oxford, would not be a Strand.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How so?.
I ask because, good as it looks, it looks just like a Strand. I have a Strand. Actually, I have a couple of Strands. I also have a Tupelo. The Tupelo is identical to the Strand. Why? I'm not getting all this renaming of Strands. Help me out here.

Mainly because I liked the olive cxl with the beige piping and the flat welt with beige stitching. And I prefer poron to leather for insoles. Of course, this is just my opinion of the best shoe of the last 10 years.

KarlHungus

Reaction score
I don't think he was yelling at you, he simply can't contain his enthusiasm for olive CXL.

Either that or he suffers from voice immodulation syndrome
voice-modulation-will-ferrell.gif

St Hubbins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are we still doing this?

47C06CB5-7668-496F-805E-1C9E5C53D59F.jpeg

Busted out the Grailsons for my son’s jazz band concert this evening.

What’s up to anyone still out there that remembers me. Hope you’re enjoying yourselves. I’m not much into buying the shoes anymore. Still want to sometimes but mostly don’t. Love wearing them though. Last pair I bought was last year and it was a pair of Quoddy bluchers.

Now. Let’s see some dope shell. Thanks.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Are we still doing this?

View attachment 1957403

What’s up to anyone still out there that remembers me. Hope you’re enjoying yourselves. I’m not much into buying the shoes anymore. Still want to sometimes but mostly don’t. Love wearing them though. Last pair I bought was last year and it was a pair of Quoddy bluchers.

That was a shocker! Nice to see you!

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah…you’re taking this way too personally if that offended you.
@KarlHungus correctly identified my intent. Both @ProfilaBinding and I love olive. I own like ten pairs of green shoes…If I remember correctly. I could look at my spreadsheet, but meh.

Those were built before Strandmoks existed…that’s what AE calls their casual versions of the Strand (admittedly these have a flat welt where as the Moks are reverse)

2Deuce2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are we still doing this?

View attachment 1957403

Signs of life! Welcome back @St Hubbins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics