• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

tell me if this would be overtraining

beasty

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
Try explaining this to beasty, though. Seriously, try. It's fun to watch him miss the point entirely and start quoting bodybuilding guidelines and insist that the size of Jay Cutler's head is somehow ideally proportional to the size of his body.

Yah. We know how you 'explain' things.

You aka the moron brigade: "These pictures of grandpa Morty in Coney Island is the epitome of manhood."

Me aka the lightbringer: "But these pictures show a man who is not even fit and he has no chest, no shoulders, no arms, no legs and no abs! In fact, the only thing vaguely impressive, if you can call it that is the bulge in his crotch, done though excessive padding I may add."

You aka the moron brigade: "Yah! Aint that the best! Drool!"

Me aka the lightbringer: "Err, I respectfully suggest you seek some professional help, Ok?"

You aka the moron brigade: "WTF! WTF! You are gay! You are gay! You are so gay!"

Me aka the lightbringer: "Whatever! Next time. Moron!"

As you can see, no facts, no rebuttals and only personal attacks and innuendos.

Yah! We are in awe on how you make your points known.
Why don't you stand in Pailin's corner while she debates Bidden.
But oopps! I bet she has something against gays. And you wont want to cross a registered member of the NRA.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
From what I can tell, nobody is arguing over any ideas here, it's just that you're an entertaining moron :L

beasty

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
From what I can tell,

Yah 'from what I can tell'. That speaks volumes about you! Haha!
And there is no need for any insults from me when you direct it on yourself!
Chortle!

I can tell you still resort to personal attacks. For shame! People like you are in the stone ages. You cant rebut any points, so you only attack the individual.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by beasty

If the grecians knew the body can grow in such a manner, you can bet the statute of David would look like Jay,

David was sculpted by an Italian.

At any rate, the Greeks understood men's bodies well. If and when a man's body approached Cutler's (as much as this was possible without anabolics) they were rejected by women for being too grotesque and misshapen, and could only find work (and acceptance) as cabana boys at the local bathhouse. As the story goes, Demosthenes, the renowned Greek orator, used to practice speaking with pebbles in his mouth to help his diction. Further investigation revealed that he learned the technique from the cabana boys who would take the "pebbles" of their masters in their mouths and hum. The most dedicated cabana boys would still attempt to perform their duties while mouthing their masters.

"Would you like an extra towel, Sir?" was a particularly relished line.

Fascinating that centuries later, Cutler would get his start in much the same manner.

Originally Posted by beasty
In fact, the only thing vaguely impressive, if you can call it that is the bulge in his crotch..."

Permission to make that my new sig? I will, of course, credit you fully.

lefty

beasty

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lefty
David was sculpted by an Italian.

At any rate, the Greeks understood men's bodies well. If and when a man's body approached Cutler's (as much as this was possible without anabolics) they were rejected by women for being too grotesque and misshapen, and could only find work (and acceptance) as cabana boys at the local bathhouse. As the story goes, Demosthenes, the renowned Greek orator, used to practice speaking with pebbles in his mouth to help his diction. Further investigation revealed that he learned the technique from the cabana boys who would take the "pebbles" of their masters in their mouths and hum. The most dedicated cabana boys would still attempt to perform their duties while mouthing their masters.

"Would you like an extra towel, Sir?" was a particularly relished line.

Fascinating that centuries later, Cutler would get his start in much the same manner.

Permission to make that my new sig? I will, of course, credit you fully.

lefty

Yawn! Keep it up, clueless moron.
I see you are avoiding my points all along. Not surprising since you are unable to rebut it.
I also see your sort can only resort to malicious and baseless personal attacks without a shred of evidence.

Kas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beasty,

Could you please explain to me how having very large muscles helps in:

-Gatherering berries and nuts? (IE: long distance walks)
-Hunting in the traditional sense, with spears and such?
-Fighting another man, both with your bare hands and a sword?

Because I don't see how those very large muscles will help you in any of these endeavours, in fact - they will most likely only slow you down. But this is how thousands of years of evolution has made us, that's what nature has intended us to do.

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i don't know how you can even compare a thing of beauty and perfection...
Michelangelos_David.jpg
to a hairless gorilla...
JayCutler6.jpg

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Beasty, the lightbringer!!
crackup[1].gif

Lightbringer the Imaginaut. You keep on keepin' on, buddy. Keep on reaching for the stars, or in your case, the man-thongs.

Kas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tooch4321
good one, i seem to recall david winning that battle...

I think it was a rhetorical question.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
Beasty, the lightbringer!!
crackup[1].gif

Lightbringer the Imaginaut. You keep on keepin' on, buddy. Keep on reaching for the stars, or in your case, what's under Jay's man-thong.

Fixed.

crazy.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads