• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thinking about buying some Euro's. $1.30 is usually our buy spot to prepare for our visits over there.

Last edited:

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Jobs numbers are pretty bad so markets turn positive. I get the dynamics of it, but still.

Can you believe ACTC (now ACTCD) has gone up after the reverse split?

Last edited:

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Bought more BP yesterday, additional 18B in fines seems excessive and is possible to be reduced

BP's up a little today... that could turn out to be a great move!

I sold all my $GD (General Dynamics) at $125.61. Bought it at $66.22. For those of you keeping score at home, that would be a nearly 100% ROI... :foo:

Also picked up some STT and LLL.

Last edited:

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

BP's up a little today... that could turn out to be a great move!

I sold all my $GD (General Dynamics) at $125.61. Bought it at $66.22. For those of you keeping score at home, that would be a nearly 100% ROI... :foo:

Also picked up some STT and LLL.

Nice trade, dude. Be careful though reporting any form of success... some here may think you're uppity.

Close call. My RAD options expired today... $6.5 strike, it closed at $6.49, ha ha. The guy on the other end of that trade must be pissed.

Last edited:

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked up a few shares of $MNK (Irish Pharmaceutical company) at $84.94. Hopefully I'll ride this train to over $100...

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

WTF is going on with GoPro. That stock has been shooting up for no reason.

Probably just like the cameras.

People are rushing to buy the shares, will stare at them for a few weeks, and then they will end up stuffed away in a dark corner of their portfolio and never thought about.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Holy **** ACTC (ACTCD for now) pop.

Wonder if I should sell...was planning on holding for much longer (already been a while), but this looks temporary.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
APL is interesting in that it is moving the whole market. Dips in AAPL correspond to dips and gains in the market.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

AAPL is interesting in that it is moving the whole market.  Dips in AAPL correspond to dips and gains in the market.

You are aware that AAPL is a part of the S&P 500 and NASDAQ Composite indexes right*? Both are capitalization weighted, so AAPL is a large share of the index.

Add in the fact that all stocks move with the market to some extent (as measured by beta) and I think you have drawn a false causation conclusion.

*It is not part of the Dow since the Dow uses an idiotic weighting scheme and thus apple would dominate the index (less so than before the split...but still stupid).

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I never realized to what extent the weighting occurs. It is more of just a look at what we can do sort of aspect. When we announce, big shifts happen. Google Glass didn't do anything like this.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Apple is currently the single largest company (by weight) in both of those indices.

I'm not saying that there can't be any effect due to all of the retail investor euphoria surrounding apple, but I am not sure I would characterize apple as a long term driver of the market (beyond the influence their market cap carries).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads