• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Nah, I'm mostly just waiting for it to bounce back
It will come back ... but it might not be a 'bounce back.'

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Opened up several new positions today and held a few that I was worried I would have to close at a rather large loss- depending on the next 9 days they may turn a decent profit.

I closed out my three Sep 11 92 Calls on UGL today for a healthy profit today and opened

-one Sep 11 101 Put. I'm expecting the gap to at least be filled (~95) and hoping that it runs down to the 20 or 50MA, before rebounding and either running up, or turning over and heading to the 200MA.
- a Sep4 11 40 Put on the Vix. I'm playing this one by ear and my just roll the delta lower if there's no clear signal for profit taking.
-one Sep 11 62.5 Call on KO
-one Sep 11 25 Call on CPX
-one Sep 11 145 Call on BIDU
-one Sep 11 370 Call on AAPL

Other currently open positions
-two Aug 11 360 Put on AAPL (this one was a little scary for the last several days)
-two Sep 11 370 Put on AAPL
-three Sep 11 30 Put on CPX
-one Aug 11 360 Put on ISRG (this is not a pleasant thing to own at the moment- close to 1.6k unrealized loss and it was closer to 2.8k this morning. I ran a credit spread on this one and sold my put yesterday just before close, which has offset the loss pretty well, but it's still steep. I have 9 days for volatility to drop, the price to rise, and time decay to do its thing, so I may still be able to turn a healthy profit on this one)

Now that the market looks like it's ready to trend again, I'm back to capital gains positions instead of income positions. The plan is to take profits within the next 1-10 days on all positions. Depending on the way the market behaves in the coming days, I'll either close the positions or roll the delta. If we close below today's low, I'm expecting a pretty wicked panic and will probably go ahead and close my positions, eat the losses, drop for gold and heavily leveraged bear loving. I don't expect that to happen, but am prepared for it if it does. As it stands I have small unrealized gains on all of the positions I opened, which is nifty.

Last edited:

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've just realized this is a 'stock idea' club ... not investments in general. NVM the real estate comment.

Last edited:

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Doubled my position on the Vix.

Fack- can't get a fill on the 107 UGL put. Currently have a working order on a Sep 11 101 Put on UGL

Edit: Filled

Last edited:

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm down for today, but not too bad. AMRN is kicking ass today, news must be coming

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm down for today, but not too bad. AMRN is kicking ass today, news must be coming

It bounced the 200MA is 12 cents above the open...

yjeezle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
damn i'm glad i loaded up on HDY @ $3.2 yesterday.... bought a large enough amount to cover my initial investment of $4.5 :D

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
http://secfilings.nasdaq.com/filing...E+INC&FormType=SC+13G&RcvdDate=8/10/2011&pdf=

Wellington Management adds 4m shares of GLUU to their holdings, bringing it up to 5.6m total. We (glu shareholders) should be at about or slightly over 70% institutional ownership now. Waiting for NASDAQ to update to get the exact figure.

Would you expect anything different from people discussing trading on a forum to discuss suit fit ?
Any other questions?

Maybe hard to believe, but I'm betting most of us don't work on Wall St. And if you'd actually check other boards specific to stock investing and trading, you'd see something about 100x worse than Dumb Threads here.

"What does everyone think about Company X's P/E ratio?"

"OBAMA SUCKS DIX OMG YOU ARE A $#%#w$# @%#$#@!!!"

Last edited:

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Kind of understandable if somebody is asking about a P/E ratio, no?

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That was just something I made up to reflect the general tone of those kinda messageboards. ;)

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Kind of understandable if somebody is asking about a P/E ratio, no?

Maybe hard to believe, but I'm betting most of us don't work on Wall St. And if you'd actually check other boards specific to stock investing and trading, you'd see something about 100x worse than Dumb Threads here.

Although I'm sure most of us don't work on Wall St., you can still buy stocks that are not penny stocks.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If someone is investing, a P/E ratio has meaning. If someone is trading for quick profits, it means little.

Last edited:

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
OMG don't get hung up on the P/E, I just pulled that out of ****** to show the nonsensical nature of Yahoo Finance messageboards.

As far as stock / trading forums go, this one is actually pretty good here.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads