• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Talk about unaffiliated retailers here

elisiX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You really need to stop buying a million copies of the same thing just because they're on sale. It's such a waste of money. You buy a new pair of shoes, post a fit, and it looks just like the last one. It's mindless consumerism and does nothing to enhance your wardrobe or style.
The only shoes which I might agree are the same thing are the GAT's as they are essentially exactly the same but in different colors. The Grenson and CP's are all quite different except for the Tournament Lows which are in 2 different colors. As for this being a waste of money, well i'll do what I want with my money. Thanks for your concern though. :) I'm trying different things and I look after all of my belongings, so if/when I decide to move things along as my 'style' evolves, which it is albeit slowly, I can without too much hassle. And if I can't, well I can live with that also. I like shoes, what can I say. I'm not even really playing with dress shoes yet.
Sh*t thats a lot of shoes. Take a picture of your shoe collection, I would love to see all of them.
Funnily enough, I took this last night (and wrote the list) for insurance purposes. I should get them out for a collection shot one sunny day.

Last edited:

Golf54

Reaction score
You really need to stop buying a million copies of the same thing just because they're on sale. It's such a waste of money. You buy a new pair of shoes, post a fit, and it looks just like the last one. It's mindless consumerism and does nothing to enhance your wardrobe or style.
daaaaaayuumm. harsh bruh

pronxs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The only shoes which I might agree are the same thing are the GAT's as they are essentially exactly the same but in different colors. The Grenson and CP's are all quite different except for the Tournament Lows which are in 2 different colors. As for this being a waste of money, well i'll do what I want with my money. Thanks for your concern though. :) I'm trying different things and I look after all of my belongings, so if/when I decide to move things along as my 'style' evolves, which it is albeit slowly, I can without too much hassle. And if I can't, well I can live with that also. I like shoes, what can I say. I'm not even really playing with dress shoes yet.
Sh*t thats a lot of shoes. Take a picture of your shoe collection, I would love to see all of them.
Funnily enough, I took this last night (and wrote the list) for insurance purposes. I should get them out for a collection shot one sunny day.
if you decide to sell and a US10, hit me up

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

daaaaaayuumm. harsh bruh

Maybe a bit more than I meant :( Just seems like a lot of his purchases don't do a lot to add to what he has, they may be variations of each other, but it's largely redundant.

elisiX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Color 8 LWB in my sights. Never fear.

Look, I'm finding my feet so to speak. Lots of trial and error.

It might be an expensive journey, but I've been on much more wallet shattering journeys in the past (cars, watches, etc).

Last edited:

bLaZ3n

Reaction score
Product: Nike Sportswear x Fragment Design: Grand Slam Polo Grey/White

When I browse to this item it says $57.60 is the price. Since I am non-EU, shouldn't the price in my cart be 46.08 (after the 20% reduction is applied), then with the SALE20, it should come out to: $36.86 (before shipping)... I just checked out and I was charged $56.08 (shipping included).

Am I wrong?

Sym

Reaction score
How is TBS when it comes to fixing mixups? They sent me the wrong shoes....

einstine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yea, they have some of the best customer service ever. I would love to visit one day just to go to there shop. They even have a TBS outlet, I would be in heaven.

Sym

Reaction score
Thanks. Sent them an email before I posted but I don't expect to get a response until tomorrow because of the time difference. They shipped a pair of Navy/Black toe Lanvins instead of the Hand Polished ones I ordered. It looks like neither are listed on the site anymore, seems like I might be out of luck in getting the original pair I ordered.

Potsnu

Reaction score
That sucks, but I guess with all the shipments going out as a result of sales, mistakes are made.

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Yea, they have some of the best customer service ever. I would love to visit one day just to go to there shop. They even have a TBS outlet, I would be in heaven.

Only open on saturday, though.

And I have never heard of an outlet shop.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads