• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

taco bell

visionology

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haven't had taco bell in years but had Qdoba in Milwaukee a few years back and thought it was a good alternative.

mr. magoo

Reaction score
For a brief time I taught high school and a couple of my students managed a Taco Bell.

At the time, the reason it was so cheap is that no food is actually cooked on-site. Instead, it was cooked in factories and shipped in gigantic cans, opened and steamed on-site. This model allows them to avoid the cost of kitchen facilities and means that different labor and health laws apply to them (e.g., no need to be 16 since they're not technically "cooking"). Not that it means much, but the two students I had wouldn't eat the stuff, and they were kind of stoners.

Interestingly, at the time, the State we were in had a contract whereby all employees were paroled prisoners living in half-way houses. Taco Bell didn't have to pay minimum wage (kind of like employees in prison making 12 cents/hour), but I think that has changed.

quevola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dedalus
What about a pink taco?

Huh, the pink taco. Isn't that Peyton Manning's nickname?
laugh.gif

Shakermaker

Reaction score
Man, I absolutely love Taco Bell. The double decker taco supreme and grilled stuffed burrito is where its at! As a side note, Jacoby Ellsbury of the Red Sox earned everyone in America a free taco from Taco Bell last year when he stole a base during the world series. Did anyone else cash in on this?

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
I'm not much on Taco Bell, but I'm a sucker for the Volcano Taco. I think it's the red shell. Never has my taco been more dangerous.

I had this for the first time a few weeks ago. It hit the spot.

kalice

Reaction score
Originally Posted by EL72
There is a Chipotle now on Yonge Street right across from the Eaton Centre (where the Future Shop is). A million times better than Taco Bell garbage. Enjoy Toronto! I'm going to Montreal in a couple of days
smile.gif

?????? When the hell did a Chipotle open in Toronto??? Wow, I've been out of the loop for pretty damn long.

Last time I had Taco Bell was the last time I suffered from projectile diarrhea. I certainly learned my lesson.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kalice
?????? When the hell did a Chipotle open in Toronto??? Wow, I've been out of the loop for pretty damn long.

Last time I had Taco Bell was the last time I suffered from projectile diarrhea. I certainly learned my lesson.

Eat on the can?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads