• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sunglasses MEGATHREAD - all sunglass questions here please

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ArliHawk`
What's the consensus on gradient lenses? Okay for men?

Lenses are quite personal. Some people like it, some dont. I personally dont like it because I feel like it is not a true sunglass if it isnt a solid color. But to each their own. In terms of does it look masculine? I think it can. I would stick with a solid color though, more of a classic/clean look

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
45 more min on the gilt Oliver Peoples thread

anyone have the Luis? or has anyone seen them in person?

i have a pair of the Arics, but I'm considering picking up a wrap around style, too. but these are a year or 2 old so I can't find them to try on anywhere

any thoughts on them?

blotto

Reaction score
I think I've now made some of the best screenshots from the movie MR 73 for you experts out there to come up with right type of glasses that Daniel Auteuil is wearing in this film, because as of now, I've only had some (quality) guesses, that I did appreciate, but they weren't spot on.

Man, I hope so much one of you might know what glasses he is wearing.

77316955.jpg

38538191.jpg

14891661.jpg

33664128.jpg

27527952.jpg

76662828.jpg

kleny

Reaction score
hello,

figured i post this again on this thread since its the SUNGLASSES MEGATHREAD...

can you please help my find a cheap alternative to this http://www.framesdirect.com/framesfp...tdoctd/lb.html

i do not know the reputation of this GA sunglasses but i tried this model on 702s at Bloomingdales and damn do they look good on my face....i dont want to pay retail because of the high likelihood of me losing the damn thing..

thanks!

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

chroMe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CityConnection
This will be very difficult if even available. I know you can buy rimless omes that can be cut to size. And metal ones that are clipped on with prongs, but havent seen what are you describing. Although I have seen one that came with glasses but in metal.

I've found some metal clip-ons but not flip-ups from Shurons which look like they will fit my Moscots.

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chroMe
I've found some metal clip-ons but not flip-ups from Shurons which look like they will fit my Moscots.

keep in mind that if they dont fit perfectly they will have gaps and/or the shape will be twisted. If you are going to pay money for the clips, take it into a shp and have them custom made to the shape. I dont know what it will cost you in your area, but it shoulnt cost you more than $150 for polarized clip ons.

user7

Reaction score
Originally Posted by okayfine
Are there any stores in NYC that carries this brand?

reed space right next to the new self edge new york. they only had some awful color but it was useful to try on the shape ( I didnt like it). Oak is supposed to be getting them in soon too

lowrider

Reaction score
Thinking about these frames with some medium grey tinted lenses...

Thoughts?

MUKU20090616%20025.jpg

Plastic that tires to look like wood

MUKU20090616%20027.jpg

8bpc

Reaction score
Any recommendations for reputable shops to buy Mosley Tribes from at a good price (with possible coupon codes)? The Gilt sale didn't have the color combination I was looking for - Silver and Midnight.

TylerDurden

Reaction score
I just bought the new Wayfarer style from rayband
glasses_thx.jpg
Classic black, i really like them. Nicer then the old style wayfarer. Just out of curiosity I bought a pair of $1 China wayfarer's. Couldn't really tell the difference except the lens were better in the real one. The plastic looks exactly the same. If your broke it might be the way to go. But if you buy the real thing, they are constructed nicely. Anyway, I got these with prescription lens, pretty nice. Classic looking style.

k4ppah

Reaction score
Originally Posted by 8bpc
Any recommendations for reputable shops to buy Mosley Tribes from at a good price (with possible coupon codes)? The Gilt sale didn't have the color combination I was looking for - Silver and Midnight.

Doesn't the gilt sale not start for another like 4 hours? Can you see the merchandise available before it starts somehow?

th0rbahn

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TylerDurden
I just bought the new Wayfarer style from rayband

glasses_thx.jpg

Classic black, i really like them. Nicer then the old style wayfarer. Just out of curiosity I bought a pair of $1 China wayfarer's. Couldn't really tell the difference except the lens were better in the real one. The plastic looks exactly the same. If your broke it might be the way to go. But if you buy the real thing, they are constructed nicely.

Anyway, I got these with prescription lens, pretty nice. Classic looking style.

where'd you get the China ones, available online? :p

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads