• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

KStuff

Reaction score
So I took some better pics of my 38R Napoli. Pants were hemmed, otherwise no alterations were made. I am interested in your thoughts, I (in my limited experience) am very happy with the purchase. (1 of my sleeves is slightly bunched up, disregard my right cuff).

facet

Reaction score

Here's 38R Havana with no alterations.
I like the fit of the Sienna posted above - very nice.
648F9B8E-9DF8-4BFD-B528-72CEB8FFCE6A-4198-000003C516213906_zps277e7a36.jpg

That looks very good.

msulinski

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am debating between going with Kent Wang MTM or SuitSupply MTM. My understanding is that the SuitSupply MTM suits are fully-canvassed, like the Kent Wang. Can anyone confirm this?

msulinski

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am debating between going with Kent Wang MTM or SuitSupply MTM. My understanding is that the SuitSupply MTM suits are fully-canvassed, like the Kent Wang. Can anyone confirm this?

They are.

Thanks. Now I am leaning in the direction of Suit Supply, since I can get measured in-person, and don't have to deal with shipping.

bmathe02

Reaction score
Off the rack the suits priced at 769 are half canvassed. The Jort at 999 full canvassed. I didn't know they had mtm. Would of been nice seeing I spent 130 in alterations on the Jort in store.

cuponoodles

Reaction score
From their RTW line, all the suits are half-canvassed save for the Jort model.

In their MTM line, all the suits are fully canvassed.

NormsR

Reaction score
On twitter https://twitter.com/MrSuitsupply Suitsupply announced:
Exciting news! Our North American expansion continues! We wanted to let all of our awesome followers know that we’ll be opening in Atlanta, Philadelphia, and Toronto in early 2013.

Quote from this interview from 2011 with Fokke de Jong:
http://www.mrketplace.com/16259/suitsupply-coming-to-america/

On the difference between the U.S. and European markets: There’s probably going to be a lot of difference between the U.S. and Europe markets. We already see a difference in fits, in Europe it’s still much slimmer than the U.S.

timotune

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

On twitter https://twitter.com/MrSuitsupply Suitsupply announced: Exciting news! Our North American expansion continues! We wanted to let all of our awesome followers know that we’ll be opening in Atlanta, Philadelphia, and Toronto in early 2013. Quote from this interview from 2011 with Fokke de Jong: http://www.mrketplace.com/16259/suitsupply-coming-to-america/ On the difference between the U.S. and European markets: There’s probably going to be a lot of difference between the U.S. and Europe markets. We already see a difference in fits, in Europe it’s still much slimmer than the U.S.
so what? They should rather be opening up in Vienna :D

ville_e

Reaction score
which three piece suit would you recommend from suit supply (construction, material) ? thanks!

ville_e

Reaction score
Which suits would you most recommend?

I'm looking for a nice three-piece suit but could also try others? Pictures would also be appreciated. Thanks !!

bmathe02

Reaction score

which three piece suit would you recommend from suit supply (construction, material) ? thanks!

Since it is all one brand the more expensive models will have nicer materials and construction. Jort is their high end but it is not a 3 piece. You should be more concerned with the specific style and fit of each model range ie. Washington is their trendiest with peak lapels and slimmest fit with loud patterns thou nice I would not wear that for a conservative interview. I think you should look at the pictures and decide the intent of your suit.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads