• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PapaRubbery

Reaction score
I have a 24 double breasted suit, but I never managed to make it slim enough without the fabric at the back started to pull/crease. Might have more success with a two button blazer maybe?

Definitely shoot for a slimmer cut if the 24 is huge on you.

I'd wager the cut of a DB would be slightly more generous than a SB regardless. They do look amazing though, so might be worth getting it taken in from the back to remove the excess fabric?

nosetrick

Reaction score
Hello guys!

I'm about to order the havana fit jacket. Actually two of them, and then return the one that fits the worst.

I'm 6'2'' tall, 168 lbs, measuring 38 inches around my chest and 34 inches around my upper waist. So, which two do I order?

The size advisor recommends the 38 one. I'm however pretty confused I didn't get recommended a long one. What are your thoughts?

Thanks,
nosetrick

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hello guys!

I'm about to order the havana fit jacket. Actually two of them, and then return the one that fits the worst. 

I'm 6'2'' tall, 168 lbs, measuring 38 inches around my chest and 34 inches around my upper waist. So, which two do I order? 

The size advisor recommends the 38 one. I'm however pretty confused I didn't get recommended a long one. What are your thoughts?

Thanks,
nosetrick

My measurements aren't far off yours and I posted a fit pic a couple of pages back. I recommend you order both and return one. Might as well order a 40 too. Returns are so easy and all shipping labels provided.

nosetrick

Reaction score
My measurements aren't far off yours and I posted a fit pic a couple of pages back. I recommend you order both and return one. Might as well order a 40 too. Returns are so easy and all shipping labels provided.

Thanks a lot, feeling much safer ordering now. I'll go with both the long one and the regular.

dreamspace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Could be that they measure from mid of back (and not from shoulder seam), like a lot of companies do when giving shirt measurements. Subtract 10 inches, which will probably give more correct and SF friendly numbers.
Can anyone help me decipher these sleeve measurements? They seem ridiculously long..

tljenkin

Reaction score
Hi guys. I went to the SS store and tried on the Napoli in 40 L. I am roughly 6'5" with relatively broad shoulders and long arms. I've only purchased one suit in the past, and it is a 42L. Could someone critique the fit? I am obviously very concerned about the sleeve length, but the sales associate said that they could lengthen the sleeves by ~3/4". Does that seem like it will be enough? He was able to resolve the bunching in the back without too much trouble.

Here is a quick shot of the 42L:

Last edited:

roquesoon

Reaction score
^ 3/4" isn't going to be even close to enough unfortunately. The SAs there have no idea what they're talking about, I've found.

itraxx

Reaction score
Could be that they measure from mid of back (and not from shoulder seam), like a lot of companies do when giving shirt measurements. Subtract 10 inches, which will probably give more correct and SF friendly numbers.

Gotcha, it just seems a bit odd that their diagram only shows the measurement of the sleeve itself from the shoulder. Thanks for your help!

tljenkin

Reaction score
Well that's unfortunate because I liked the way the rest of the suit fit. Are the sleeves typically this short because of the functional button holes? Based on some measurements I've just done based on the photos, it does look like I would probably need ~2 inches of sleeve in order to get a good fit. Any recommendations for similar suits at or below this price range where I wouldn't have such an issue with sleeve length?

CousinDonuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Can anyone help me decipher these sleeve measurements? They seem ridiculously long..
"Could be that they measure from mid of back (and not from shoulder seam), like a lot of companies do when giving shirt measurements. Subtract 10 inches, which will probably give more correct and SF friendly numbers. " Actually, you need to take half the corresponding shoulder measurement. It is strange that the diagram shows one thing but the numbers show another.

CousinDonuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Well that's unfortunate because I liked the way the rest of the suit fit. Are the sleeves typically this short because of the functional button holes? Based on some measurements I've just done based on the photos, it does look like I would probably need ~2 inches of sleeve in order to get a good fit. Any recommendations for similar suits at or below this price range where I wouldn't have such an issue with sleeve length?

Length and buttonholes are mutually exclusive items. You might want to inquire about their MTM service? They could add 7 inches to the sleeves if you wanted.

Omar1223

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

tricky what size did you end up going with?

thanks

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads