• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mr Engineer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone purchased any of there dress shirts, if so how are they?

Syeknom

Reaction score

Overpriced for what they are and they don't fit me that well off the rack unlike their suits, so I've never been too tempted.

f-tard

Reaction score
@CousinDonuts - hah, too much watching suits and harvey spectre. i work at an internet company, so i can't remember the last time i wore a suit in the office. wanted something fun for weddings or events and I love the cut and lapels of the washington.

the fit seems good given what i'm paying for and off the rack. i just wish they had more washington selection, the purplish blue hues have me a bit on the fence. doesn't seem as versatile as a petrol blue or a brighter classic navy.

bbhues

Reaction score
@CousinDonuts - hah, too much watching suits and harvey spectre. i work at an internet company, so i can't remember the last time i wore a suit in the office. wanted something fun for weddings or events and I love the cut and lapels of the washington.

the fit seems good given what i'm paying for and off the rack. i just wish they had more washington selection, the purplish blue hues have me a bit on the fence. doesn't seem as versatile as a petrol blue or a brighter classic navy.

F-tard: have you taken a look at the Washington in navy herringbone? Based purely on the pictures on their website it may be a more true blue (albeit a lighter navy). I personally would not mind the hue of the one you purchased, especially if it is for festive events; but to each is own.

f-tard

Reaction score
@bbhues - yeah, that navy herringbone is a nice color but the width of the herringbone pattern kind of bugs me. all personal taste, but a season back they had a much more subtle herringbone pattern which would be my personal preference. hmm, you may be right...if I'm just wearing this on the weekend to parties or weddings, the purplish hue should be fine. I wanted a more airforce blue navy, but oh well. Any idea how often suitsupply rotates their fabrics, is it by the standard dual seasons a year? Do they have more selection in store?

bbhues

Reaction score
I don't have as much experience as others on this thread (so I hope I will be corrected where appropriate), but I think they rotate seasonally, with the next rotation occurring late summer/fall.

pblasco

Reaction score
Anyone have the Napoli Light Grey Faux Uni? Does anyone know if it's a heavy cloth, or more light weight?

I'm in a wedding this summer and the bride has requested we wear medium to light grey suits. Tried the light grey napoli but didn't like the stripes of the cloth. Tried the Havana grey but wasn't crazy on the fit, but the cloth was a nice light weight. Would have been great for summer if the fit was right.

Last edited:

Rankiz

Reaction score
When will they stop with functional buttonholes? Size 46 is too tight, size 48 I need to take up sleeves too much and size 24 is way too wide...

Spandexter

Reaction score
I agree. The extra $100 I have to pay to shorten the sleeves is stopping me from pulling the trigger on future SS jackets.

chocsosa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have, they're not bad, but you can definitely find better deals elsewhere.
The dress shirts are decent. The fit is the best I can get off the rack with my long arms and prominent chest. I do have to take in the sides a lot though and add darts to the back of all of them. However there is no off the rack dress shirt, save for armani, that fits compensates for my long arms and chest off the rack. This pic is not perfect and the dress shirt is not perfect but it gives you a decent idea.

PapaRubbery

Reaction score
I agree. The extra $100 I have to pay to shorten the sleeves is stopping me from pulling the trigger on future SS jackets.

Disagree.

Functioning cuffs are great!

I'm short (5'7") and I've found that nearly all SS cuts work on me bar the Washington. If anything I need the sleeves taken up on the Sienna maybe 0.5-1.0cm. But that can be done from the sleeve, not from the shoulder.

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score
Just opened their newest place in ATL. Going to pop in at lunch today. Never been a huge fan of their stuff, really. Too #menswear. Nonetheless, should be an interesting endeavor.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads