• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

StyleForum Interviews CEGO's Carl Goldberg, Part II

SartodiNapoli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Some of this I can't understand, some of it is insulting with no basis, some of it makes no sense at all. While you seem to have some clothing knowledge (which you're not afraid to exaggerate), I'm not interested in debating with you, due to your obvious biases and incoherent reasoning.

Yes i also quit.I tried to have an interesting educated debate and got offenses to my work, insults from two people and now calling incoherent to what i think is a well explained post between my limited English.

I respect and admire Shirtwaven so i quit from hooliganism sterile debates. You asevere things and call.incoherent my technicall explanations blinded on your posture. Again i respect your opinion but please do not offend me and or my profession of arthisan handmade shirtmaker calling bunk our product. You don't like, nothing bad. But bashing without technicall knowledge calling please not.

Best

Edited, when i meant bad educated i said i didn't mean Archetypal. Not sure if on the original post is understable or not. I meant the other who offended me.

I never insult anyone but got insults all the time.

Last edited:

EliodA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@archetypal_yuppie , I'm sorry. Maybe it was the tone of voice in your post that made me react too defensively. Anyway, maybe one of the knowledgable tailors here can say more about this, but I do feel that part of the comfort comes from the stretch in the seams. Maybe it's only a very little amount, but pulling at such a shirt you can feel some elasticity, that is lacking in a machine made shirt. It is especially noticable with the armholes, where (at least on my examples) a kind of loop stitch is used, like on the back of a tie.

archetypal_yuppie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes i also quit.I tried to have an interesting educated debate and got offenses to my work, insults from two people and now calling incoherent to what i think is a well explained post between my limited English.

I respect and admire Shirtwaven so i quit from hooliganism sterile debates.

Best

Edited, when i meant bad educated i said i didn't mean Archetypal. Not sure if on the original post is understable or not. I meant the other who offended me.

I never insult anyone but got insults all the time.

I sympathize to some extent, but this is not innocent: "I understand he likes Shirtwaven and supports him strongly as a sport team."

Shirtmaven

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have never seen a shirt from Sartodinapoli,. i have no idea how much hand work is in the garment

the typical handmade shirts I have seen have the interior row of stitches in the armhole, sewn by machine.
the second set of stitches that hold the sleeve in place are by hand.

The only shirt, i have ever seen made completely by hand was a men's nightshirt.
it was made at least 100 years ago. the stitching was impeccable.
I guess with out the distractions of media, there was plenty of time to hand sew by candlelight.

unbelragazzo

Jewfro
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads