• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Styleforum and A&H present "The Proper Kit" Trunk show in NYC, Nov 7 2015

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

He and I will take a dram together. I'm guessing you can't be there, otherwise we could all have a drink.together.

I'd be surprised if you can get Manton into NYC on a Saturday. I'd be easier to get him to stay in the city the Friday before.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm generally half serious about everything, and half joking.  You can figure out which half you'd like to believe.  I am really only fully serious about food.  I'm Chinese.  Food is not for joking about.

Unfortunately, a significant portion of food is laughable, however.

(double entendre alert)

Last edited:

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
We'll be debuting some great WBill Jacketing as you've never imagined it at #theproperkit on November 7. We released our WBill Crepe this week online and it FLEW. They all sold out by the weekend...so get to our table early if this stuff is of interest!

the honor roll

Reaction score
Hi all,
My name is Chris Tuazon, and I'm a correspondent for Art & Hustle. I'm writing a few pieces to help introduce the brands attending The Proper Kit.

Up next is Beckett & Robb of Salt Lake City, Utah. Before this piece I only saw their team in street style photos. After a bit of research and conversation, I've come to appreciate the tailoring house's priorities of education and brand transparency into custom suit making.

In Shakespeare’s “Hamlet,” the character Polonius prepares to send his son Laertes off to France. Before waving goodbye, the father imparts advice in a list of do’s and don’ts. Listen to all, but talk to few. Slow to fight, but hold your own. And:

Costly thy habit as thy purse can buy,
But not expressed in fancy—rich, not gaudy,
For the apparel oft proclaims the man . . .

Even in our #menswear era, the subject of whether clothes make the man or vice versa remains a debate, while the uninitiated haven’t a clue where to begin.

Fortunately, this is where the tailoring group Beckett & Robb best serves. They believe if you’re going to put the time and money on a tailored garment, it better be worth it. To that end, it’s best to empower you with an informed decision, beginning with a steady tour through the customization of a suit.

“Sometimes a client will trust us with all the choices and we can fast forward,” explains co-founder Jason Yeats. “Other times the client relishes the process and may take an extra hour or two, and we welcome that.”

With a trusted assembly of style consultants on hand, The Salt Lake City-based clothier guides each client through as many details as he wishes, from collar to cuff, until the suit is as unique as the man it was made for. This is the fuel for which Jason and his team find inspiration, since it affords the opportunity to educate the client, as any good tailor should.

“I had some poor shopping experiences myself where the sales associate clearly just aimed to get the sale done, and gave advice accordingly. So early on we knew that educating the customer would be a key distinction in our process.”

However long the client needs, Beckett & Robb is ready to send the order to his tailors in Europe. Starting with 100% Italian and English mill fabrics, a commission is cut and sewn in Portugal and Spain. This preserves a European tailoring heritage in every stitch, while maintaining a competitive price point for customers. Jason doesn’t shy away from this; in fact, it’s well-documented on their website. Complete transparency shares paramount with education.

“There has to be a relationship between production costs and retail price. A suit that takes thirty minutes to make shouldn’t retail for more than $200. Therefore we talk about the origins of our raw materials, where and how our products are made.”

In the end, the exhaustive process comes back to serve the client.

“For me, it’s when a regular guy steps out of the dressing room for the first time in his own outfit head to toe. The confidence that gives him! It cannot be overestimated. It transforms how he feels about himself. And this translates to their professional life and their personal life. It’s deeply rewarding to be present to see these little moments.”

For all his couplets of ham-fisted dogma, Polonius leaves his son with a simple reminder. One that sticks firmly with Jason’s mission to educate and transform. One that dictates personal style as much as purpose.

This, above all: to thine own self be true.

Be sure to catch Beckett & Robb at our upcoming trunk show The Proper Kit. November 7th in NYC. RSVP Here

Last edited:

JP Marcellino

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Joe,

Can you take a picture of the bag that we'll do a real time auction for on this thread on the day of the show, so that everyone, even people who refuse to fly in from Sydney for this, can participate?

Cheers,

Fok.

Ok, so there will be 2 new style briefcases.

btw, @NewYorkIslander those ties are beautiful

First briefcase is a nice dark Navy blue English bridle leather from the Sedgwick tannery, 16" x 12" x 2". it will have double removable buckle straps, a back newspaper pocket and a bunch of inside pockets and key ring. It will have a fishtail handle so this thing can be carried under the arm like a portfolio, an adjustable shoulder strap and my signature all palladium Hampton combination lock/ I will also include a matching chain strap and a 22mm matching watch band.

Second briefcase is dark green English bridle leather from the Sedgwick tannery, 16" x 12" x 3". This is a little deeper and full size. it will have a shoulder strap and a fishtail handle. This briefcase will also have my black T4 quick release lock design. This is a tough well built tactical lock. cops and military people like to make gun belts with it because it is easy to open and very strong. you can read more about it here http://www.jpmarcellino.com/collections/quick-release-lock-1

and here is a video so you get the idea

here is an update on the first briefcase,

from the best cut of the hide, the butt end and using grade A leather i make my cuts

here are the raw parts to both cases

here is the key strap and watch band in blue bridle, the angle makes it dark but it is from the same hide

more to come as i take flat lifeless skin and create vibrant master pieces

Last edited:

Cordone1956

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

here we're showing you a little preview of the products which you will find at the #properkit.
You will have the chance to touch with your hands the quality that just the REAL made in Italy can give to you.
The following photos include the baby cashmere for coats and blazers, bespoke or mtm, fabrics for shirts in limited edition, handmade pocket square with vintage pattern in limited edition and cashmere's ties on sale exclusively for the event and many, many more.

Me and my staff will be happy to welcome you at Cordone1956's stand to get all your questions.

See you soon,

Luigi Cordone

Sarkozy

Reaction score
Hi There Everyone,

A quick preview of the new alligator leather iPhone Cases (for iPhone 6 & 6s/Plus) that we'll be bringing to the #TheProperKit Show. They come in fifteen colors
and you can have your initials embossed as well.

All the best

Tim
https://www.biancamosca.com

Last edited:

rbhan12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Carmina announced on Instagram that there will be no MTO fee at the trunk show. This will certainly up the ante.

SartodiNapoli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really like the vitrine of the shop.

JP Marcellino

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@LA Guy here is an update on those cases. With the first one i made a mistake and it is all Solid Brass not Palladium. I think the brass comes out much better on the dark navy blue anyway. This is called the Hawthorne Briefcase and can be found here for reference - http://www.jpmarcellino.com/collect...ts/hawthorne-2526-traditional-navy-blue-brass

I'll have the other case up probably tomorrow.

adjustable shoulder strap

this is a fishtail handle, and now the case becomes an under the arm portfolio

take the straps off and the case works and looks fine without them

inside pockets and a key holder

I'm always asked what do you do with the straps while in and out and this is a perfect way to hold them through a working day. When you are ready to hit the train, buckle them up and the case is secure.

single section 2", not too thick. just the right size, especially if you want to carry it in your hand

back Newspaper pocket

and my new square cut signature Hampton combination clock lock. This thing sets like a clock. There is no better case lock that exists and has existed. It is built with precision and as fine expert craftsmanship as i build my cases.

and i will include a matching key chain and watch strap

I only had those stainless steel buckles

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads