• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

style: rolled up jeans, mens capris?

Elegantly Defined

Reaction score
I'd have to say that does not fit my critique...Reminds me of Kevin Federline.

Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Again? Sheeeeze.

Love the style. Please wear it tomorrow and post in the WAYWN thread.

What does "WAYWN" stand for? I'm a newbie...cut me some slack.

evilgeniusdan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As mentioned, on the hottest days I'll roll to just above the ankle and wear some vans authentics or boat shoes, sockless of course.

WAYWN = what are you wearing now/today thread.

Elegantly Defined

Reaction score
Originally Posted by evilgeniusdan
As mentioned, on the hottest days I'll roll to just above the ankle and wear some vans authentics or boat shoes, sockless of course.

WAYWN = what are you wearing now/today thread.

Thanks. Ok, I can picture that. Actually I like that idea.

modual

Reaction score
I think this works. Thoughts ?

newsboy2.jpg

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that works, in this context it isn't the best example, but i do plan on wearing my jeans like that once in a while when its real warm

you cannot wear socks if you are doing that though

Gilead

Reaction score
Rolled up jeans almost always look awful, rolled up pants can look awesome in a preppy sailing team kind of way.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lel
Actually rolled, not folded, and with some kind of low top shoes (Sperry boat shoes, purcells, etc.) and in the appropriate setting (beach, boat, dock, etc.) can look fantastic.
+1. I like it in the pic modual posted. Not feeling it in the first two pics in the thread. I also agree with Get Smart that these kinds of looks work better if you're covered in tattoos or have some other sort of visual cue that contrasts a little with the semi-preppy vibe. EDIT: And +1 to chrono, too. Sloppy? WTF. It's supposed to be rumpled and casual, the whole purpose is to keep you a little cooler in hot weather. What are you going to do, meticulously fold up the jeans? That would just look anal.

hplindley

Reaction score
It looks like one raided his sister's closet. Capris are for women. Unless you like to dress like a woman...

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That pic modual posted looks good. I cant even understand that anyone would consider that "weird" in any way. Looks nice and relaxed.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by modual
I think this works. Thoughts ?

[/IMG]

I think it looks good, especially for spring/summer with trim jeans.

I just don't like the capris look look shown on the OP. I have seen a lot of British guys with capris and I could never warm up to it. I think it looks especially odd with jeans unless you are down by the water working on your boat, then it seems OK. But not hanging out on the LES.

Fallen Angels

Reaction score
the first pic by the OP sucks hard. just looks like ****.
the one modual posted in fine. u dont have to be by water or on a boat to roll up your damn pants.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WalteEfird