• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Spoils of Napoli

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The food looks so good, what was for main.

what followed after that
was a large plate
of tiny breaded
and fried baby squid
and a large helping
of steamed mussels

Looks delicious, but makes me dizzy....

now you know
what i felt like
when taking that photo
on a belly full
of chilled falanghina

which one
was
the liver?

see below

I will join you on your next trip.

Last edited:

ljrcustom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
looks good.

-LR

F. Corbera

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
It's possible that this was the last good new thread on MC, but I've probably forgotten a few that came later.

tchoy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

what followed after that
was a large plate
of tiny breaded
and fried baby squid
and a large helping
of steamed mussels
now you know
what i felt like
when taking that photo
on a belly full
of chilled falanghina
see below

Sounds delicious! I missed Naples I would love to go back if only just for the food alone.

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

C&A

Reaction score
Just received these shirts

(*blue/white striped Riva, and a sky blue and a pale grey Bonfanti)

Which reminded me I still had quite a lot of pictures to upload from my recent trip to Napoli together with member @T4phage. I met up with some people I already knew and got introduced to some new ones by T4.

After dropping off our suitcases at the bed & breakfast, we went to Anna Matuozzo to drop off some fabrics and get some measurements done.

And she then showed us the new piquet fabrics for polo shirts that just came in

Standing outside, waiting for a taxi to take us to Patrizio Cappelli

At Patrizio's We picked up some ties

Just unpacked and stored my new Cappelli ties I picked up at the beginning of July. Most of these are from the small bespoke stock he keeps at his shop.

And selected some new ones

Met up with Patrizio last Friday together with T4 to collect some ties and order some new ones. here are a few crappy iPhone pictures.

These are some of the remaining old stock fabrics and some new ones that just got in. Mainly madders. The new ones will be in his webstore in fall but can already be ordered via email.

We met up there with member @kolecho who also happened to be in Napoli that week. Around the corner from Patrizio we went looking for some jacketings and suitings at Magnifique

We agreed to meet up for lunch in the Spanish quarter (not the best pictures of the food, sorry) together with Patrizio and a French/Italian client who also happened to be at his shop at the same time. It was an 11 course meal I believe. Anyway we were stuffed.

After lunch we strolled a bit through the streets of the Spanish quarter and stopped by at Talarico's

And collected some shirts for a friend at a nearby shirtmaker and dropped off some fabrics there.

We walked a bit more and stopped for some iced coffee and a baba

We then were good to do some more shopping. Shirtings at Piccolo

Pricing indeed was good. When we stopped by I got some Testa 90cm cuts, an old Romentino linen/cotton mix and the last pieces of a very heavy striped oxford.

Left mine at Anna Matuozzo together with some Riva and Bonfanti I brought from home.

More to come....

Last edited:

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have you guys found differences between Magnifique and Argenio across the street? They seemed quite similar to me.

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^
they are not across the street
but on the same side

both are overpriced
but magnifique has
a deeper selection
and more unique
items

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Overpriced? Really? A number of years ago I went to Argenio looking for the Scabal Shetland that Manton was talking up. It was 100 euro for 2m. I thought that was a really good price but didn't get it because I didn't think I would wear it. Do prices in Naples get better than that?

Il vecchio drappiere in Milan OTOH is really expensive.

Last edited:

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

edina.....
it would have been
better
if you were there
to serve us
your liver

my sage
you always