• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Soft boiled eggs

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
I love eggs. I love to cook eggs four thousand different ways. But, simple is always better in my book. A nice soft boiled eggs, cooked for about 3 minutes, solid white on the outside and gooey yolk on the inside, is God's gift to mankind. If you want to kick it up a notch, add a drop or two of Sriracha before every bite. It's fantastic. I'd gladly eat a half a dozen eggs every day.
drool.gif

P.S. Bring on the cholesterol.

Do you like eggs?

Soft boiled eggs brings back many fond memories! My father used to make them served with grits and browned butter
drool.gif
I haven't had them since I was a kid
musicboohoo[1].gif

denning

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For those who like poached eggs you don't need a special pan like on the last page. I boil water and reduce it to a simmer, add a little white vinegar (very important, causes the egg to coagulate and hold together), crack an egg in a small dish of some sort (small bowl) and slowly slip it in the water. Let cook for 2-3 minutes and remove. Done.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I want to keep some ducks so I can have balut.

I believe its not as easy to harvest duck eggs for balut. The eggs are collected at a certain age and boiled or steamed or something... I can look it up here if you're really interested.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidicboy
I believe its not as easy to harvest duck eggs for balut. The eggs are collected at a certain age and boiled or steamed or something... I can look it up here if you're really interested.

I believe 2-3 weeks is the norm. I prefer something closer to 2 weeks, as the 3 weeks or longer ones have very developed embryos. I love to eat it with just a bit of Vietnamese coriander, and a salt-pepper-lime mix. The herb really adds a nice, delicate flavor that removes some of the fleshiness from the balut.

Shakermaker

Reaction score
I just came back from a metal show and this thread totally made we want to make some soft boiled eggs....so I did of course. So ******* delicious!!!!!!!!!!!!

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Does anyone like eating their eggs with ketchup?

Because that's what's up.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7
Does anyone like eating their eggs with ketchup?

Because that's what's up.

Only with scrambled eggs.

It's a habit I picked up back in the days. Large amount of ketchup and a healthy dousing of Tobascco. It's Delicious!

willy cheesesteak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by denning
For those who like poached eggs you don't need a special pan like on the last page. I boil water and reduce it to a simmer, add a little white vinegar (very important, causes the egg to coagulate and hold together), crack an egg in a small dish of some sort (small bowl) and slowly slip it in the water. Let cook for 2-3 minutes and remove. Done.
I do this too but I stir the water till its like a vortex, then slowly drop the egg in. Keeps the shape nice and neat. I just had 4 scrambled and 2 sunny side up.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had 2 perfectly fried eggs sunny side up this morning. The white was cooked through, and the yolk perfectly undercooked and creamy. A little cracked pepper, maggi seasoning, and sriracha on top. Some fresh baked bread to dip in the yolk. Delicious! I can eat this breakfast every day.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like sunny side up too, but I don't know how to get the white completely cooked and the yolk still runny. Do you guys flip the egg?

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lee_44106
I like sunny side up too, but I don't know how to get the white completely cooked and the yolk still runny. Do you guys flip the egg?
No, I don't flip. Then, it'd be over easy eggs. The trick is to continually spread out the white while it cooks. Also, a hot nonstick pan will prevent the egg from sticking and cook the white more quickly. Alternatively, you can drop just a bit of water in the pan a couple of minutes in and put a lid on. Then take it off the heat. This steams the top layer of the white and cook it before the yolk gets cooked.

Spatlese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some fresh baked bread to dip in the yolk. Delicious! I can eat this breakfast every day.
+1. No to digress too much but a warm, runny yolk is just a fantastic sauce / condiment. I remember an episode of Cook's Tour when Bourdain visited Australia, and a restaurant served him a fish entree topped with a red wine poached egg (I've never looked up how the chef did this). He cut into the egg and it was just a p0rn effect between the red, white and yolk flowing out.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads