• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Slim shirt fit: How tight is too tight? BoO

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
^It's B body, not A body, so it's supposed to be a bit roomier. All the same, if it were any tigher in the chest I'd be getting creases from pull (if you look at my left shoulder you can already see a few, thus the need for moving buttons).

It's going to have to be tailored to get rid of a bit of extra material. Pretty pleased with the length though.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
The BoO shortness looks kinda weird with a roomy body and arms. I don't know, i personally buy BoO for the slim cut as i can buy a roomy dress shirt and shorten it really easy. More expensive when i start shortening, slimming the body, shortening the arms, slimming the arms, and i don't know what you can do with higher armholes. I don't really understand the appeal of buying a BoO B-body

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
The BoO shortness looks kinda weird with a roomy body and arms. I don't know, i personally buy BoO for the slim cut as i can buy a roomy dress shirt and shorten it really easy. More expensive when i start shortening, slimming the body, shortening the arms, slimming the arms, and i don't know what you can do with higher armholes. I don't really understand the appeal of buying a BoO B-body
The A body doesn't fit people with any muscle development in the arms/shoulders/chest. I wear a L in the B body but the XXL in A body is too tight... This season's A-body is a little more roomy, though. I can fit in a XL A-body from this season but it's very tight, suitable for Eason's club.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't really understand the appeal of buying a BoO B-body

Not everyone is built like a 12 year old girl, you know...
tounge.gif

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked
Not everyone is built like a 12 year old girl, you know...
tounge.gif

Seconded - any short sleeve A-body's I wear, I almost bust out of the sleeves and I'm not nearly as muscular as I want to be. The B-body makes perfect sense - I have probably 4-5 of each.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
That's not what i meant if you read the post. I mean, couldn't you find a similarly styled shirt for a better price if you don't want it slim? The b-body cut doesn't look that much different than other button downs i've seen cut wise. I mean, i like the materials and what to me seems like good quality, but i didn't think that was the reason people bought BoO. Basically, why are you guys buying BoO if you can't fit the aesthetic they're obviously going for?

Man, all this skinny 12 year old talk stuff. If i can find my way to the denimbar party, we're going to play some pickup basketball and settle things.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Oh, that looks fine. JDMay's shirt looks pretty ****** fit wise though so i was confused about how they were supposed to look.
I don't know about ******, it just fits like a normal shirt. Opinions, I guess. Anyway it's at the tailor's now so we'll see how it comes out. I don't expect it'll fit like an A body or anything, and the sleeves will remain roomy, but tight sleeves just look weird (read douchey; "check out my guns" douchey) on me anyway.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think once he darts it in the waist it will be fine for what he's going for, a nice comfortable fitting relaxed shirt made of nice fabric. That B-body shirt fits pretty much exactly how I want it, the only thing I might change is the button position slightly. A-body shirts are going to be real small in the sleeves, the only shirt I've ever tried on that is tighter in the sleeves are these one model of Zara short sleeve shirts and perhaps Margiela line 14, but that might be because the armholes are super high. Note the sleeve fit in the BoO, that's a B-body and the sleeves are already very fitted. Like I said, the A body won't work for anyone with any musculature.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
I dunno. I think kronik's fit is slimming while drizzt's is just tight. JD, i know you want a BoO shirt, but it just doesn't seem like a BoO shirt. Like when the hypebeast kids buy dior 19cms sized up 2-3 or if i were to size up on april 77 joeys.
Eh... I don't think I'll ever look like a model out of anybody's catalogue, Band of Outsiders' or otherwise, so trying to buy a shirt to "look like BoO" is sort of a lost cause. It's not a "check out my brand cred" thing, there's just a way it'll look better on my frame and a way it won't, I'll shoot for the former even if the latter is more in line with the brand's image. That would be pretty assembly-line-style anyway, wouldn't it?
Like I say, we'll see how it turns out when my tailor gives it back to me. I certainly didn't have her pin it skin tight or anything, though, so I suppose it won't satisfy the tastes of some. Fair enough, to each his own.

I haven't seen any hypebeasts wearing 19cms around here, though... they're all still on the R&R bandwagon.

spreadcollar

Reaction score
it's very hard to tell when you're pulling the shirt in the back; post a pic or two when it comes back from the tailor.

Originally Posted by JD_May
I don't know about ******, it just fits like a normal shirt. Opinions, I guess. Anyway it's at the tailor's now so we'll see how it comes out. I don't expect it'll fit like an A body or anything, and the sleeves will remain roomy, but tight sleeves just look weird (read douchey; "check out my guns" douchey) on me anyway.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads