1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Slim shirt fit: How tight is too tight? BoO

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by sean2slow, Apr 3, 2008.

1. chronoaug

chronoaug Well-Known Member

I dunno. I think kronik's fit is slimming while drizzt's is just tight. JD, i know you want a BoO shirt, but it just doesn't seem like a BoO shirt. Like when the hypebeast kids buy dior 19cms sized up 2-3 or if i were to size up on april 77 joeys.

2. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Well-Known Member

I think once he darts it in the waist it will be fine for what he's going for, a nice comfortable fitting relaxed shirt made of nice fabric. That B-body shirt fits pretty much exactly how I want it, the only thing I might change is the button position slightly. A-body shirts are going to be real small in the sleeves, the only shirt I've ever tried on that is tighter in the sleeves are these one model of Zara short sleeve shirts and perhaps Margiela line 14, but that might be because the armholes are super high. Note the sleeve fit in the BoO, that's a B-body and the sleeves are already very fitted. Like I said, the A body won't work for anyone with any musculature.

3. AR_Six

AR_Six Well-Known Member

I dunno. I think kronik's fit is slimming while drizzt's is just tight. JD, i know you want a BoO shirt, but it just doesn't seem like a BoO shirt. Like when the hypebeast kids buy dior 19cms sized up 2-3 or if i were to size up on april 77 joeys.
    Eh... I don't think I'll ever look like a model out of anybody's catalogue, Band of Outsiders' or otherwise, so trying to buy a shirt to "look like BoO" is sort of a lost cause. It's not a "check out my brand cred" thing, there's just a way it'll look better on my frame and a way it won't, I'll shoot for the former even if the latter is more in line with the brand's image. That would be pretty assembly-line-style anyway, wouldn't it?
    Like I say, we'll see how it turns out when my tailor gives it back to me. I certainly didn't have her pin it skin tight or anything, though, so I suppose it won't satisfy the tastes of some. Fair enough, to each his own.

I haven't seen any hypebeasts wearing 19cms around here, though... they're all still on the R&R bandwagon.

4. spreadcollar

spreadcollar Well-Known Member

it's very hard to tell when you're pulling the shirt in the back; post a pic or two when it comes back from the tailor.

I don't know about shitty, it just fits like a normal shirt. Opinions, I guess. Anyway it's at the tailor's now so we'll see how it comes out. I don't expect it'll fit like an A body or anything, and the sleeves will remain roomy, but tight sleeves just look weird (read douchey; "check out my guns" douchey) on me anyway.