• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Any interest in doing a EB black shell jumper? For those that opted out of the Frankenstitch because of the heavy stitching, this might be more suitable? At 7200SEK, it should only be ~100USD more expensive than an identical boot from Carmina, around 850USD, or 1100AUD, in my local currency.

Would be looking for something for winter, personally, so double danite soles, flat welt, top half speedhooks. Last is somewhat flexible, we'll have to do some research into what would suit.

May I ask you what type of winter? I hate to rain on shell parade I have one pair (you can see pictures here http://www.styleforum.net/g/a/472971/crockett-jones-mto-central/ ) but shell is not better than calf in a wet winter weather.

Last edited:

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nope! Although I'd REALLY like a pair of Arrans. I'm at that bitter-sweet stage where I passed on the Thorpes. I really like the boots although my numerous boots (not to mention the upcoming tax time) halted my desire to pick it up.

Was hoping @Ironist will pick it up, wear them a couple of times, then decide to pass them on to me.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Now there's an idea.

I need to recruit a new SF member that shares my size, and is willing to sell me all the shoes he buys at a discount.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got the Bonafe MTO email. 120 single MTOs! That's pretty awesome! This thread should be amazing when those start rolling in, although it sounds like that will be a few weeks later than originally thought. Thanks for keeping us updated.

Hey I didn't get that email. Did it just come in today? Either I got mine in early enough to not get it or so late that they didn't even get to mine yet. haha

MoosicPa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My MTO Shannon boots arrived today from Sweden. Details:

Shannon VIII
black calf
tobacco suede shaft
B1 sole
82 last
EG Green lining....

emidyl

Reaction score
^ how SWEET are those!! WoW
if you can pls post with a pr of woolies, or denim, hell any kind of trousers will do.

joiji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any interest in doing a EB black shell jumper? For those that opted out of the Frankenstitch because of the heavy stitching, this might be more suitable? At 7200SEK, it should only be ~100USD more expensive than an identical boot from Carmina, around 850USD, or 1100AUD, in my local currency.

Would be looking for something for winter, personally, so double danite soles, flat welt, top half speedhooks. Last is somewhat flexible, we'll have to do some research into what would suit.

For those interested in this MTO, we will likely be basing the boot on this model

But in black shell, blind or black eyelets/hooks.

Last edited:

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Shell does seem to be warmer than calf indeed.

I agree. It's thicker, about 2 mm instead of 1.5 for normal calf, I also believe it has a higher density.

My MTO Shannon boots arrived today from Sweden. Details:

Shannon VIII
black calf
tobacco suede shaft
B1 sole
82 last
EG Green lining....

Such a great make up! Wear in good health.

jrb666

Reaction score
This potential GMTO has lost some momentum since the proposer decided to go with his original colour choice of black - and the very best to him, as I'm sure it'll be stunning.

G&G Gable
last:tg73
black calf
oak bark sole
lining can be discuss
price:874usd
will order through skoaktiebolaget

I'm minded to try to reinvigorate it, but in British Racing Green, for two reasons.

The first is the Gable's a beautiful shoe.

The second is that I happened to wear my BRG Montand IIs to the races today - their first full outing during the day time. They look so good, I MUST have more BGR G&Gs. And before the price increase, as I'm getting killed by the plummeting AUD.

Is there any interest out there?

And Leaves, can I just check the price in SEK?

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

This potential GMTO has lost some momentum since the proposer decided to go with his original colour choice of black - and the very best to him, as I'm sure it'll be stunning.

G&G Gable last:tg73 black calf
oak bark sole lining can be discuss price:874usd will order through skoaktiebolaget

I'm minded to try to reinvigorate it, but in British Racing Green, for two reasons.

The first is the Gable's a beautiful shoe.

The second is that I happened to wear my BRG Montand IIs to the races today - their first full outing during the day time. They look so good, I MUST have more BGR G&Gs. And before the price increase, as I'm getting killed by the plummeting AUD.

Is there any interest out there?

And Leaves, can I just check the price in SEK?
Price is 7500 SEK ex VAT, ex trees. I think this would be a tough one to push as a GMTO. You might want to consider as a single MTO. Price will be 9200 SEK ex VAT, ex trees after increase. MTO surcharge will be 2000 SEK ex VAT after increase, it's 1600 SEK now. GBP is really messing with us.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
On a side note, G&G was planning to discontinue "GMTO"s but instead they increased the minimum to six consecutive pairs instead of five. I'm glad they realised the value of these runs, very appreciated by clients and also makes their production more effective. I'm glad someone's listening to me. :)

Last edited:

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

On a side note, G&G was planning to discontinue "GMTO"s but instead they increased the minimum to six consecutive pairs instead of five. I'm glad they realised the value of these runs, very appreciated by clients and also makes their production more effective. I'm glad someone's listening to me. :)

+1!!

I completely agree with you and appreciate you championing this for us!

IGotId

Reaction score

Wanna throw another MTO idea for Carmina before the "3"% price increase. I think this has been done before during 2013....

Carmina 905 chukka in Simpson last

In this darker brown hatch grain from horween. Picture taken from another Carmina affliate retailer. Do let me know if it is appropriate to post this pic here. If not I will take it down.

This will like a wonderful sleek dress chukka suitable for any dressing up or dressing down even!

I also may be interested if you'd consider a different last

Thanks again for the updates. It's been a real pleasure dealing with you guys.

This is by no means in any way rushing you to expedite the process. I am just curious how the MTO arrangements are ordered seeing that some submitted at the start of the month while others at the end. Were they all compiled and submitted in its entirety at the end of January or were the submissions made to Bonafe as and when the orders were received. 

I'm hoping they go in alphabetical order lol! (I got my pair of orders in just before the deadline!)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads