• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

techaview

Reaction score

I also may be interested if you'd consider a different last
I'm hoping they go in alphabetical order lol! (I got my pair of orders in just before the deadline!)

How about Rain last? Unfortunately the Simpson last does not work for my feet.

Actually the Simpson last is what I am thinking of...

If I am not wrong there is already a 3 eyelets chukka gmto on rain last. The special part will be on the hatch grain which add depth to the leather...

Last edited:

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

On a side note, G&G was planning to discontinue "GMTO"s but instead they increased the minimum to six consecutive pairs instead of five. I'm glad they realised the value of these runs, very appreciated by clients and also makes their production more effective. I'm glad someone's listening to me. :)

Indeed, the GG guys are extremely reasonable businessmen. Dean has helped me out on many occasions, an outstanding gentleman...

Last edited:

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@bespoken pa

Just visited both GG and EG.

GG MH71: 7F (perfect)
EG 82/202: 7.5E

G&G told me that their lasts are all meant to fit the same in the key dimensions; has me worried that I didn't try on the TG73 (we were in a hurry) in the same size. But, I do know to size up by half for boots to accommodate for a thicker sock.

Gotta hand it to G&G, I dealt with Thomas who provided exceptional service and advice. Didn't mind at all me trying a couple shoes and asking a bunch of questions.

Sadly, EG folks were laughably snooty, despite shooting them an email in advance and asking if it was ok to get fitted in a few different lasts, to which they warmly replied that it was no problem and I could come in any time.

The dude (French?) with the short dark hair was just miserable to deal with, clearly trying to get me out of the store when I told him I was only in to get fitted on two lasts per my email inquiry. I half wanted to curse him out.

Makes me grateful when I deal with the Skoak crew. Cheers to Patrick and Gabriel for always being accommodating.

Last edited:

badsha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@bespoken pa

Just visited both GG and EG.

GG MH71: 7F (perfect)
EG 82/202: 7.5E

G&G told me that their lasts are all meant to fit the same in the key dimensions; has me worried that I didn't try on the TG73 (we were in a hurry) in the same size. But, I do know to size up by half for boots to accommodate for a thicker sock.

Gotta hand it to G&G, I dealt with Thomas who provided exceptional service and advice. Didn't mind at all me trying a couple shoes and asking a bunch of questions.

Sadly, EG folks were laughably snooty, despite shooting them an email in advance and asking if it was ok to get fitted in a few different lasts, to which they warmly replied that it was no problem and I could come in any time.

The dude (French?) with the short dark hair was just miserable to deal with, clearly trying to get me out of the store when I told him I was only in to get fitted on two lasts per my email inquiry. I half wanted to curse him out.

Makes me grateful when I deal with the Skoak crew. Cheers to Patrick and Gabriel for always being accommodating.
I had a similar experience at the Ralph Lauren Beverly hills mansion.

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@badsha

Sorry to hear that, man. My experience was unfortunately awful. There was an elder SA who seemed cheery with other customers and even gave us a glance with a confused look as to why our SA just seemed plain hostile; he was just a total ****.

Mind you, I tried on two floor models, took me like 5 min. He didn't have to move mountains or go out of his way.

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@badsha

Sorry to hear that, man. My experience was unfortunately awful. There was an elder SA who seemed cheery with other customers and even gave us a glance with a confused look as to why our SA just seemed plain hostile; he was just a total ****.

Mind you, I tried on two floor models, took me like 5 min. He didn't have to move mountains or go out of his way.

As my English brother-in-law would say, "Ah, that's because he was French!". Before I get in trouble, I personally don't understand the animosity between the Brits and the French. I love them both.

WiredandTired

Reaction score
@Leaves

When is the Carmina Chocolate Suede Chukka going to be restocked? I should've snapped them up up earlier, but now am sorely regretting it.

Any plans to also stock chelseas in soller last? I really like rain last but I find I need to round out my shoe wardrobe when most of my pairs are chiseled.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On a side note, G&G was planning to discontinue "GMTO"s but instead they increased the minimum to six consecutive pairs instead of five. I'm glad they realised the value of these runs, very appreciated by clients and also makes their production more effective. I'm glad someone's listening to me.
smile.gif

Wow, that was close.

Really glad they didn't end up making the same decision (mistake) that EG did.

One day hopefully EG too will see the light.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Wow, that was close.

Really glad they didn't end up making the same decision (mistake) that EG did.

One day hopefully EG too will see the light.

Nah. They won't.

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How about repaying GG's good will on the GMTO program, and getting another one done before the end of the month? :hide:

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How about repaying GG's good will on the GMTO program, and getting another one done before the end of the month? :hide:

The trouble is that, there are currently at least a dozen of GMTO being circulated around.

I really want something in English Grain color?

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just not sure you can get enough people to agree on anything else at this point in time. I certainly wish you luck, but I've already made what will probably my last choice before the hike at this point.

MGD83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd be down for a Simpson chukka in dark brown calf

Last edited:

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The trouble is that, there are currently at least a dozen of GMTO being circulated around.

I really want something in English Grain color?

Well have at it then, good sir. Get that English Grain GMTO going.

Here is an idea, if everyone posted a short list of their grail GG models, we could start seeing a clear picture of what models people are actually interested in getting.

Right now we are really just shooting in the dark, hoping to get lucky...

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads