• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Skinny jeans; here to stay or ready to go?

apwrxmd

Reaction score
I think they will stay for those people that really like the fit.

I like the looser fit like KMW 2010, most PRPS and Kunna denim which looks pretty good on me...at least I think. The skinniest pair of jeans I own are some rescue APC's which are a little tight for my liking but still fit pretty well, so for me skinny was never "IN". But to each his own and I think they will last.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by apwrxmd
I think they will stay for those people that really like the fit.

I like the looser fit like KMW 2010, most PRPS and Kunna denim which looks pretty good on me...at least I think. The skinniest pair of jeans I own are some rescue APC's which are a little tight for my liking but still fit pretty well, so for me skinny was never "IN". But to each his own and I think they will last.

APC Rescues are skinny?
musicboohoo[1].gif

Joel_Cairo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
APC Rescues are skinny?
musicboohoo[1].gif

I'm actually surprised to see Slim Jims referred to as skinny. It's a "tube leg", no taper that I'm aware of. April 77, most Cheap Mondays, Acne Max, dior 19, that's skinny. SJs are, to me, just a narrow straight-leg.

James Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't even wear skinny jeans. Lifting heavy does that to you.

spacemanvt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
heres 3 fit pics of Thin Finn Dry Black coated in 30x34 (as I am trying them on at DB), I am 6'2" ,165ish pounds. I liked the fit of the 31x34s so i figured i better size down to account for stretch, these are pretty tight but feasible. opinions please.... is this something I can pull off? sorry for the **** pics
1120072113.jpg
1120072113a.jpg
1120072112a.jpg

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by spacemanvt
bump for opinions?

kind of tough to see. When i had thin finns I had a pair true to size and they were painted on my thigh and calves.

spacemanvt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah its tough cause im wearing black on black and it was kinda dark.
the 31x34s were a bit loose (the fit i liked) ... they basically look like the fit on the models at Context, i guess i just gotta decide if i can pull that look off....

im not so big on the extreme taper of the hem , it really limits your shoe options hmm

cloudhands69

Reaction score
I like the fit of those a lot. I have a pair of black cheap monday that fit like that. So does "skinny" mean tapered, or painted on skin-tight?

I wear denim in several different silhouettes. I can't say for sure, but I think I'll be wearing jeans like the ones pictured above for many years to come.

Jack Flash

Reaction score
i think painted on jeans would be more "super skinny" rather than skinny

i think you could definately pull those off.

cloudhands69

Reaction score
I can't keep track of how cheap monday names their jeans. Those look like the kind I have though. I sized up to 32 (normally I'm 30). Here is a pic:
8-25.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads