• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shoe Heel Help [pics]

ajmanouk

Reaction score
Hi all,

Recently picked up a pair of 13EE Park Avenues deeply discounted. The shoes fit very comfortably in the toe area in terms of width (though if I were to buy any other 5 last AE I'm sure I could fit a 13E without a problem...since they don't make any other EE width aside from the Park Avenue), but the heel area is where I have concern. There is quite a bit of heel slippage. Is the last just not right for my foot, or should I size down to a 13E and see if that fixes the problem?

Also, I've been looking around for some potential remedy to the heel slipping. Not very experienced in the matter so I'm not sure if the shoes are fixable or I should just try and sell them. I don't mind spending a bit of money to fix the problem!

img1146pf.jpg

tgt465

Reaction score
If you can fit properly in a smaller shoe, get the smaller shoe. It might also be worth trying 12.5E, to make sure you have the length correct.

You can try adding heel grips or tongue pads to remedy the problem, but getting the better fitting shoe should be a higher priority.

JDMills

Reaction score
They look a little too big, the laces are pulled tight and the pieces of leather are touching. Over time the leather is going to stretch and the shoe will get even looser thats why it should be snug (not tight when you first buy them), if theres heel slippage when they are laced tightly then they are definitively too big and it might be the length that you have a problem with. And maybe its just not the right last for you!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads