• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Share some SF History

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this is most likely another ill advised after midnight post but we all know i have self restraint in these matters

Originally Posted by shellshock
^ for reals.

i understand you are a lady so ill leave you out of this. plus stazy says nice things about you.

Originally Posted by Big Pun
Anyone else got a young and hungry Edina vibe from In Stitches? Fail is storng there

i think its more of a kyle thing as both he and AC pointed out, but im really trying to forge my own identity as is i hope every poster here. (thanks tagut
wink.gif
)

there was a reason i started this thread in GC not in my natural habitat of DT. there are many posters here (i have mentioned them by name earlier and i will add fuuma and P_F to that list) that understood that and have added some very interesting SF history to this thread that most here were very likely unaware of. there are others who thought this would be yet another opportunity to poke some fun at me and we had some fun. im used to it at this point and i actually enjoy it at times, i find it amusing.

the goal here is not fail, it is to uncover as many tidbits of SF days gone bye as possible. those who can and do add to that, bravo. to all you pancake lovers
smile.gif
i hope you are having fun, i sure am.

redcaimen

Bigtime
Reaction score
Originally Posted by in stitches
so do many others

thanks matt and ts.

if i can get the reasons behind these last few ill stop posting

douglas - stupid ass member
ar_six - "sookie"
kitakira - wait! wait! i gots an opinion
stephenhero - black floridian
denimdestroyedmylife - big winner
redcaiman - bigtime
and why is redcaimen stuck at 2,000 posts?

thanks guize

Sigh. Why you have a need to know these things is a little unsettling. Being curious about something here or there I can understand but this exhaustive, relentless demand to know apparently just to touch coup on these little factoids is a little Rainmanish.

Here you go: My original title was "Stupid but sincere" which I requested and was granted. Later the title was switched to Bigtime because of a donation I gave to an SF charity. I dont know what you are talking about as far as this stuck at 2000 posts thing. I just noticed that by a really bizarre coincidence this post Im typing will be my 2000th but I refuse to let that stop me and you are just going to have to deal with it. Your existence doesnt entitle you to any more.

Stop being so God damned passive aggressive and leave well enough alone.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by redcaimen
Sigh. Why you have a need to know these things is a little unsettling. Being curious about something here or there I can understand but this exhaustive, relentless demand to know apparently just to touch coup on these little factoids is a little Rainmanish.

blush.gif

Here you go: My original title was "Stupid but sincere" which I requested and was granted. Later the title was switched to Bigtime because of a donation I gave to an SF charity.
thank you very much sir

I dont know what you are talking about as far as this stuck at 2000 posts thing. I just noticed that by a really bizarre coincidence this post Im typing will be my 2000th but I refuse to let that stop me and you are just going to have to deal with it. Your existence doesnt entitle you to any more.
lol8[1].gif

go with what works i guess
smile.gif

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by redcaimen

Stitch, I'm going to go ahead and quote this so you can read it again, because I don't think you're getting it. All kidding aside, this whole thing has become really creepy. It's one thing to try to fit in with everyone, but it's another entirely to obsess over the minutiae of the membership here. I did you a favor when I derailed this thread - it gave you the chance to let it go - but you keep pushing. Just stop it.

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrG
Stitch, I'm going to go ahead and quote this so you can read it again, because I don't think you're getting it. All kidding aside, this whole thing has become really creepy. It's one thing to try to fit in with everyone, but it's another entirely to obsess over the minutiae of the membership here. I did you a favor when I derailed this thread - it gave you the chance to let it go - but you keep pushing. Just stop it.

THIS. In Stiches, you're like a new kid who comes to school from out of town. Everyone's not sure what to make of you yet, don't know if you're cool. So you try to win their affection by memorizing their birthdays and names of family members and then talking nonstop. Everywhere. Just blathering on. Now some people feel sorry for you, so they humor you (their numbers will gradually dwindle, but a few core people will forever remain, you'll become their mascot of sorts). The rest of the people will avoid you like the plague. You'll soon be left talking to only freshman and the handful of saintly people who will tolerate you because it makes them feel like nice people.

Unlike high school, though, you're not getting beat up or pushed in lockers. Instead, people are coming out of the woodwork to politely (for now) tell you to relax a bit. Ease into the forum.
I feel like I'm ******** up threads almost as bad as you by lecturing you, though. So enough. Back on ignore, and I'll stop.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrG

Originally Posted by FLMountainMan
THIS. In Stiches, you're like a new kid who comes to school from out of town. Everyone's not sure what to make of you yet, don't know if you're cool. So you try to win their affection by memorizing their birthdays and names of family members and then talking nonstop. Everywhere. Just blathering on. Now some people feel sorry for you, so they humor you (their numbers will gradually dwindle, but a few core people will forever remain, you'll become their mascot of sorts). The rest of the people will avoid you like the plague. You'll soon be left talking to only freshman and the handful of saintly people who will tolerate you because it makes them feel like nice people.

Unlike high school, though, you're not getting beat up or pushed in lockers. Instead, people are coming out of the woodwork to politely (for now) tell you to relax a bit. Ease into the forum.
I feel like I'm ******** up threads almost as bad as you by lecturing you, though. So enough. Back on ignore, and I'll stop.

*SIGH*

my wife made me some blueberry waffles this morning, but they were eggo waffes you make in the microve they were pretty good but kinda soggy. does this ever happen when you make waffles, or is it strictly a microwave thing?

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oneeightyseven
anyone remember that pirate avatar thing we had for a while? or the fascist avatars? or how about Thomas (iirc it was him, maybe T4) posting only in poetry.

edit: god I have no life and spend waaaaaaay too much time on here lol.

It was me and I posted in haiku, I think it was 100 or 200 posts in a row. Sometimes I inserted multiple haiku in a single post if I had a lot to say (norly!). A lot of them were about flatulence, and I'm sure that at least a few posters think that I haven't changed a bit, despite my forays into CE and other sub-fora.

*SIGH*

my wife made me some blueberry waffles this morning, but they were eggo waffes you make in the microve they were pretty good but kinda soggy. does this ever happen when you make waffles, or is it strictly a microwave thing?

Microwave to thaw, then toaster to crisp up.

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Matt
we timed out AF once and said that we would free him if people made donations to charity in a silent auction, and whoever offered the highest to free-the-fran would not only live with lavish honor and praise, but we be donned "the liberator" for returning AF's liberty.

Not quite right.

Originally Posted by zbromer
Try this instead:
http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=93199

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I must admit, this thread has brought some lulz.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Remember the time Stitches didn't creep everybody out? It was great.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
It was me and I posted in haiku, I think it was 100 or 200 posts in a row. Sometimes I inserted multiple haiku in a single post if I had a lot to say (norly!). A lot of them were about flatulence, and I'm sure that at least a few posters think that I haven't changed a bit, despite my forays into CE and other sub-fora.

Microwave to thaw, then toaster to crisp up.

in the morning rush

thirty seconds, out the door

crispy i cant have

Originally Posted by JMRouse
I must admit, this thread has brought some lulz.

glad to oblige

Originally Posted by Piobaire
Remember the time Stitches didn't creep everybody out? It was great.

can i get a time frame on living this fiasco down?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

can i get a time frame on living this fiasco down?

The day after not a single server on Earth will host SF? Somewhere between then and never.

On the bright side, this post can now go into SF history as, "Remember the time Stitches demonstrated some insight? It was great."
laugh.gif

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
jeez pio and mr. mouse shouldnt you guys be making up a pretend thread about now? move along then.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
jeez pio and mr. mouse shouldnt you guys be making up a pretend thread about now? move along then.

That's Jr. Mouse and Piob.
teacha.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads