• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Share some SF History

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

I do not mind a bit.
But some of the people I know and do business with, would be quite irate ( some probably ballistic ), if I posted their names or some of our adventures.
Someone on this board even asked me not to use his real name. He was right!!!!
My rule is that if they are dead then it is OK to post something about another. Likewise if something is public knowledge.
Look up Cullinan on the SF search function. He was my running buddy for years and the stories are amazing.
I made a mention of another dead friend ( Patrick Robinson ) and a relative of his contacted me. But it was all good.
Billy G is quite alive so I would have to get his permission to post anything specific.
If anyone wants to post anything about me, then post away. Permission granted.

you know, there are certain moments where I read or hear something and realize what an awfully sheltered middle-class suburban life I've led. This would be one of those moments.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

you know, there are certain moments where I read or hear something and realize what an awfully sheltered middle-class suburban life I've led. This would be one of those moments.

It is not like I have had an amazing life or been a huge success.

Just a lot of unusual and interesting things.

I was raised on the LES of NYC. Then moved to Brooklyn through HS and moved to Texas for college at Rice U.

I returned to NYC for a few years in the 1970s for the Roy Cohn gofer job and then returned to Houston in 1977 and have stayed ever since.

I will follow my rule and only talk about dead people ( that I have known, of course ) and living people only with their permission and if something is public knowledge stuff.

To you Texans ( or anybody ) google Shearn Moody. Maybe I will start a thread. But the adventures of him and Cohn, which I witnessed were movie material.

The greatest man I have ever heard of was Craig Cs Uncle John Halm Cullinan

http://www.history.uh.edu/cph/tobearfruit/story_1900-1926_section09.html

Read about him above.

The most successful man I have ever known is John Doerr of KPC & B. He was at the college ( really a dorm ) next to mine at Rice U. here in Houston, Tx.

He is well worth a Google, so here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Doerr

His story is public knowledge, so I posted this. If this post gets to him, I would tell him that, John we all thought you were a nerd hanging around the computer lab constantly ( and there were only main frames back then ). I guess he proved us wrong LOL.

Last edited:

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

The most successful man I have ever known is John Doerr of KPC & B. He was at the college ( really a dorm ) next to mine at Rice U. here in Houston, Tx.
He is well worth a Google, so here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Doerr
His story is public knowledge, so I posted this. If this post gets to him, I would tell him that, John we all thought you were a nerd hanging around the computer lab constantly ( and there were only main frames back then ). I guess he proved us wrong LOL.

A good Democrat. :)

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You've asked this two or three times and I have no idea what you're getting at. Do you want my name or a short bio or something? And why the hell do you think I'd give it to you?
a short bio would be cool. and what i mean is, your join date is rather recent and you seem to be in tune with things that a n00b of your caliber isnt usually in tune with, and you havent posted in a single clothing related thread since you joined. and the threads you do post in seem to be a tad odd for a newcomer as well, and your second post ever was in DT. interesting, cuz you need 1 post to be able to even know that DT exists and yet your second post was there. sooooo......... but maybe i misread. if so, my apologies.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads