• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bussit

Reaction score
DH has a pair of destroyed/rip denim available from the Fall collection. Website lists it as a 19cm cut though.

100% cotton

scanner

Reaction score
DH has a pair of destroyed/rip denim available from the Fall collection. Website lists it as a 19cm cut though.

Those look awful.

@OakGhost so you've tried on the FW16 harness Wyatts right? And you said the shaft is slimmer than SS16?

Fw16 Wyatts haven't been released yet. He's most likely talking about SS16 Wyatt's with pull tabs. They are slimmer indeed, but still don't have the construction and wrap around leather of the originals.

Private sale starts end of next week.. Outlets have mostly everything from FW15 now, including flannels and bombers at 60% off.. General Sale starts June simultaneously with Fall items.

The end is nigh.. FW16 is very limited and ironically, most third party shops were able to order plenty, while the flagship boutiques have a limited buy due to a wave of items being delivered between Palladium and Vaccarello which will help transition the gap between SS17, similar to SS13. That said, I've heard there will be some big surprises towards the end of the FW16 deliveries including lots of very limited reissues (greatest hits) and a collection of unproduced items (b-sides). Pre-orders have also been filling up like never before so if anyone is on the fence on anything, it's probably best to act first and decide later.

That is, unless you've already moved on to Gucci
crazy.gif

Last edited:

slann01

Reaction score
Those look awful.

Fw16 Wyatts haven't been released yet. He's most likely talking about SS16 Wyatt's with pull tabs. They are slimmer indeed, but still don't have the construction and wrap around leather of the originals.

Private sale starts end of next week.. Outlets have mostly everything from FW15 now, including flannels and bombers at 60% off.. General Sale starts June simultaneously with Fall items.

The end is nigh.. FW16 is very limited and ironically, most third party shops were able to order plenty, while the flagship boutiques have a limited buy due to a wave of items being delivered between Palladium and Vaccarello which will help transition the gap between SS17, similar to SS13. That said, I've heard there will be some big surprises towards the end of the FW16 deliveries including lots of very limited reissues (greatest hits) and a collection of unproduced items (b-sides). Pre-orders have also been filling up like never before so if anyone is on the fence on anything, it's probably best to act first and decide later.

That is, unless you've already moved on to Gucci
crazy.gif

Very good information scanner, thank you....about limited reissue....SS14 blood luster satin jacket or FW13 sumi ink club biker jacket?? I need those in my life
baldy[1].gif

therattler

Reaction score
this greatest hits collection is the only good idea the company has had in awhile. I hope some of the pieces I missed out on make an appearance.

@scanner have you heard anymore about this? my list would be chain jeans and blowouts, santiags, brown and red flannel, and maybe one of the western style leathers from ss15.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd love to see some SS 13 items reissued such as the cropped navy caban with gold buttons, and the cropped mandarin collar blazer. Neither were amazingly popular though so I doubt that will happen. Most of the big sellers are already re-stocked every season anyway, so I presume it will be more unique pieces, such as the blood luster satin bomber mentioned by Slann. It's a good idea anyway, and I'd imagine when sales start dropping next spring then they'll start drawing on the archive more and more.

With the limited quantities, it almost seems like they want this collection to look bad in sales figures so that the transition isn't quite so shocking. The sequin leather for example, I anticipate being in extremely high demand, but yet it looks like there'll be low availability.

I'm personally not all that fussed about much from next season, other than the black raw hem jeans, and a few shoes and boots. I'll most likely grab the Breton mock-neck, and maybe the kind of curved square belt, but none of the jackets and outerwear are really calling out to me. The notch lapel Chesterfield I've been told is very nice, but it looks to be a longer length like the AW 15 coat allure with the velvet trim, which was 5 cm or so longer than the other Chesterfields such as the stand collar and the camel one - too long for me.

therattler

Reaction score
With the limited quantities, it almost seems like they want this collection to look bad in sales figures so that the transition isn't quite so shocking. The sequin leather for example, I anticipate being in extremely high demand, but yet it looks like there'll be low availability.

very interesting. though at the same time some of the prices are quite high, particularly the shirts. there may be a bit of an offset there. im with you on not too many things jumping out. I'm reserving judgment at least until we see the pieces on the website. I will pick up the odd iconic thing, more as a collector. like I really wish that musical note jacket came without the stupid musical notes.

@scanner are you saying that there will be no SS17 from vacarello? any idea on what will show in paris next month?

Last edited:

Isolar

Reaction score
@scanner thanks for the tip! Out of curiousity, how does one get invited to the private sale?

As someone who came slightly late to the game and missed the first few collections, I'm intrigued about seeing some of those pieces make another appearance. I still think they should have basically gone that route to begin with: instead of signing Vaccarello, just spend at least a few seasons reissuing older collections. I can guarantee those items would have sold well.

I'm personally not all that fussed about much from next season, other than the black raw hem jeans, and a few shoes and boots. I'll most likely grab the Breton mock-neck, and maybe the kind of curved square belt, but none of the jackets and outerwear are really calling out to me. The notch lapel Chesterfield I've been told is very nice, but it looks to be a longer length like the AW 15 coat allure with the velvet trim, which was 5 cm or so longer than the other Chesterfields such as the stand collar and the camel one - too long for me.

I don't think they would be willing to tank sales out of spite. What I think is more likely is that they don't want to end the season with a lot of excess stock, especially if they end up reverting to the old YSL branding.

By the way, I bought that velvet-trimmed chesterfield specifically because I liked the length of it, though I'm pretty tall. It hits just below the knee on me and looks killer. It's probably the most solidly constructed piece of outerwear I have.

Last edited:

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a nice jacket and the collar detail is really nice - there were actually two versions; the coat allure I think it was called which was the longer one that LVR had, and there was a 5cm shorter version that I saw in Bond Street, which is the one from the campaign here:

Last edited:

scanner

Reaction score
Very good information scanner, thank you....about limited reissue....SS14 blood luster satin jacket or FW13 sumi ink club biker jacket?? I need those in my life
baldy%5B1%5D.gif

No Idea what exactly will be reissued as the buy book for that has not been made available yet, however I would say the Blood Luster jacket in a price friendly print form is a safe bet.

@scanner have you heard anymore about this? my list would be chain jeans and blowouts, santiags, brown and red flannel, and maybe one of the western style leathers from ss15.

I doubt we'll be seeing anything from SS15 as most of that stuff sat (and continues to sit) in the Outlets.

They'll be sewing 2016 tags in unsold items
smile.gif

They've been doing that for years LOL

@scanner are you saying that there will be no SS17 from vacarello? any idea on what will show in paris next month?

There will be an SS17 but i've heard that YSL is not satisfied yet with the re-branding and might need more time to bridge the gap between Palladium and whatever comes next. My guess is that SS17 will be similar to SS13 with new types of permanent collection items. Also, remember that SL will need some time to move merch over to the outlets which are about 1-2 seasons behind.

@scanner thanks for the tip! Out of curiousity, how does one get invited to the private sale?

This is something you will have to inquire with your SA about.. as it always changes. They should have access to a Sale Book that will tell you what will be available for sale. The deals are usually nothing to write home about though, I think 30% off.

cjbreed

Reaction score

I think these are my favorite jeans this season:

Yeah the single rip D02's are mine as well.. Not the D10. All the other stonewash distressed D10 & D02's fit very weird on me.. They are like tight and cropped, whereas the single rip D02 are slim with a longer inseam and the wash in person is a bit more unique.. almost reminded me of Dior Jakes or a lighter wash of Under My Car. 

need opinions...
for those that have tried both the d02 and d10 in the single knee rip, is the fit noticeably different in any way other than just the rise?

Y3KID

Reaction score
my SA called me this morning to invite me to the private sale starting on Thursday (26th). RTW is 40% off here.

How forthcoming are SAs usually to show you their buy book? I always get the impression my SA thinks I'm crazy, and my query around seeing their buybook today/what to expect was brushed aside today.

Last edited:

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You shouldn't ever request to see the buy book and you really shouldn't post it anywhere.

Boutique private pre-sale events are already happening and people should be able to put deposits on items.

How do you get access to this? There's no secret society, just buy from your SA and don't be a dick.

Last edited:

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sales associate. Bonus tip: work consistently with (only) the same person.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member