1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

Tags:
  1. cloonz

cloonz Well-Known Member

This junk is nothing compared to Gucci

1 person likes this.
  2. volchok

volchok Well-Known Member

Fucking atrocious.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
  3. Not Ready

Not Ready Well-Known Member

4. kieran84

kieran84 Well-Known Member

Absolutely terrible - far worse than I even expected, and expectations were low. Even things that don't look too bad at first glance are awful when you look in more detail. I feel pretty crappy about it to be honest, because even though I have a lot of Saint Laurent from Hedi's time, I feel like my collection is only half finished, and that I've missed out on a lot of items, or that I'd like back ups of items that have had a lot use.

I think I'll pay a visit to stores in Jan some time for a look at what permanent items there are, but that could well be my last visit as I'll almost certainly be moving on. I'll keep an eye on it online and pick up whatever permanent items I might need, but I think this is pretty much the end for me. I'll most likely be buying basic items from DH in future, as Christopher Bailey at Burberry has also pretty much lost the plot completely too.

4 people like this.
  5. Death24xASecond

Death24xASecond Well-Known Member

Question. People lose their heads over the wyatt harness boots and chelsea boots (and of course the cropped jodhpurs). I see little appreciation for the 3-zip chelsea boot. Any thoughts as to why? Always found that very elegant with a dash of rock glam (i.e. quintessential Slimane-SLP).

6. Stanislavshanov

Stanislavshanov New Member

7. BBSLM

BBSLM Well-Known Member

Wyatt 30 Jodphurs (non-cropped)—are all seasons pretty much the same here, or are earlier versions better? I don't keep up with this stuff, but I have a pair of AW13 leather Wyatts and tried a recent pair and the leather was bad, zippers were cheap, buckle was really low and weird looking, and I want to avoid this fuckery since I wouldn't be able to return the Jodphurs I have my eye on.

8. kieran84

kieran84 Well-Known Member

Leather started changing during SS 14 (not on all models, and surprisingly not on all batches of even the same model). It was the same code, but obviously different (more rubbery looking, didn't crease as easily, just less luxury looking). The leather has never changed back since for the permanent boots (though often good / interesting leather is used on the runway models), and after being reluctant to do so for a while, I ended up just accepting it and compromising.

1 person likes this.
  9. onlyslp

onlyslp Well-Known Member

sounds like you tried a pair of the SS16 jods

10. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Well-Known Member

Womenswear did relatively poorly under Hedi. He's always treated it as an afterthought. It also doesn't fit anyone. Also alienated the core customer.

11. Death24xASecond

Death24xASecond Well-Known Member

Is SS/FW 2016 footwear really that bad? I'm eyeing a pair of SS16 boots and these comments have me concerned. I don't expect Crockett & Jones/Edward Green from SLP but I've had fairly good experiences with the footwear I have from 2013-14. Am I going to regret it if I buy the SS16 boots?

12. onlyslp

onlyslp Well-Known Member

if you can only choose either ss16/fw16, pick fw16

13. cloonz

cloonz Well-Known Member

I think Burberry outerwear is still a great option that goes with Hedi's look.

14. BBSLM

BBSLM Well-Known Member

My post was kind of unclear - they were Wyatt 40 harness boots, but SS16 sounds about right. Never tried the Jodphurs. I tried a couple other pairs of the harness boots back around 2014-15 and they were significantly different from my AW13 pair. Does the same go for the Jodphurs?

15. Mikeisonfire

Mikeisonfire Well-Known Member

Yes.... this jacket has been pointed out multiple times already.

1 person likes this.
  16. thorns

thorns Well-Known Member

Main difference between the current Wyatt 30 jodhpurs from the first edition of the Wyatt 30 ones is most likely going to be the increased space in the vamp for people with higher arches. You can see from the difference of the slope of the upper. I'm not sure the leather really changed since Wyatt 30 was released a few years after the Wyatt 40 initial release back in 2013. The leather you experienced from the recent Wyatt 40 is likely the same as the Wyatt 30s.

I'm thinking this is the original release:
    [​IMG]

In-between version:
    [​IMG]

This should be one of the more recent batches:
    [​IMG]

As a standalone item, I feel the original silhouette is more beautiful, elongated, and sleek, but I don't think it really impacts the entire outfit that significantly. If you're looking at these items more from a utilitarian point of view (just a stylish shoe) then it will be easier to accept the decline in quality and design.

2 people like this.
  17. neonrider

neonrider Well-Known Member

1 person likes this.
  18. cmninja

cmninja Well-Known Member

19. thorns

thorns Well-Known Member