• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tight, you’ll feel it. Like you can raise your arms but you wouldn’t want to wear a sweater underneath or do jumping jacks (not sure why that popped into my mind, but it’ll be somewhat restrictive but at least can still dance a bit). :)
I remember loving the fabric and cut. Annoyed I went in another direction, I think partly because of the Dior allure and a relationship with the SA.

slpldr

Reaction score
Tight, you’ll feel it. Like you can raise your arms but you wouldn’t want to wear a sweater underneath or do jumping jacks (not sure why that popped into my mind, but it’ll be somewhat restrictive but at least can still dance a bit). :)
I remember loving the fabric and cut. Annoyed I went in another direction, I think partly because of the Dior allure and a relationship with the SA.
I mean were shoulder pads at least fitting correctly, or they were too narrow?

InternationaI

Reaction score
Hey guys, just picked up some SLP D04 Biker Jeans from SS15. Was wondering how you would go about cleaning these? Apologies if this is a dumb question but tag inside says Do not wash? How would I go about cleaning these since they are used?
SLPBikerDenim3.jpeg

slpldr

Reaction score
Hey guys, just picked up some SLP D04 Biker Jeans from SS15. Was wondering how you would go about cleaning these? Apologies if this is a dumb question but tag inside says Do not wash? How would I go about cleaning these since they are used? View attachment 2133333
I was wondering as well, want to get a pair if I encounter my size. I guess you just handwashing's the crotch and that's it haha

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh yes, it was a perfect fit. They all sort of sit well on me with a slight constriction and excellent drape. I did not find the cut odd in any regards, sleek classic is how I’d describe it. The pads aren’t unusual in any way. In fact, it’s the exact same cut and pads as two other blazers I have with a matte, two button finish one in navy and one in black that were released around the same time in maybe 2015-2016 IIRC.

slpldr

Reaction score
Oh yes, it was a perfect fit. They all sort of sit well on me with a slight constriction and excellent drape. I did not find the cut odd in any regards, sleek classic is how I’d describe it. The pads aren’t unusual in any way. In fact, it’s the exact same cut and pads as two other blazers I have with a matte, two button finish one in navy and one in black that were released around the same time in maybe 2015-2016 IIRC.
I was worried about shoulders because despite fitting well L01 of my size comes off as too narrow sometimes, like shoulders appear too small.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was worried about shoulders because despite fitting well L01 of my size comes off as too narrow sometimes, like shoulders appear too small.
It seems like the hedi-era l0's intentionally had too narrow shoulders. Like, I think the 48's, which would be my size in all other regards, have under 17 inch measurements. Whereas my vacc one I think is over 17 inches.

slpldr

Reaction score
It seems like the hedi-era l0's intentionally had too narrow shoulders. Like, I think the 48's, which would be my size in all other regards, have under 17 inch measurements. Whereas my vacc one I think is over 17 inches.
I have 46 and 48 vac ones, 46 is not as narrow as 2014 version, but is still narrow. 48 is exactly 43 cm, I think Hedi's era L01 size 48 are 42cm in shoulders

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have 46 and 48 vac ones, 46 is not as narrow as 2014 version, but is still narrow. 48 is exactly 43 cm, I think Hedi's era L01 size 48 are 42cm in shoulders
The other thing to consider with the l01, is that the leather supposedly stretches over time. So I wonder if the smaller shoulder measurements is to compensate for that? Is this a real thing even? Does this apply to wool garments like blazers?

slpldr

Reaction score
The other thing to consider with the l01, is that the leather supposedly stretches over time. So I wonder if the smaller shoulder measurements is to compensate for that? Is this a real thing even? Does this apply to wool garments like blazers?
Narrow shoulders is definitely a thing, and certain seasons run 1.5 sizes smaller, like 2013 and ss2020. I tried wool blazer with elbow patches in size 48 - I could barely fit into it, while blazer from 2019 fits me well. According to measurements on grailed, almost all blazers from ss2020 run small, and sizes are similar to 2013.

ScrubbyDoo

Reaction score
BTW, just realised that a lot of drip in Neon Demon were from 2015 collections, and I stumbled at this one:

View attachment 2127679

Is it L01? Don't remember any version with studded shoulders
Late answer but it’s from Pre-fall 2014. It’s not an L01, just referred to as “studded motorcycle jacket”

Attachments

• IMG_4920.jpeg
    IMG_4920.jpeg
    228.9 KB · Views: 376
  • IMG_4919.jpeg
    IMG_4919.jpeg
    96.9 KB · Views: 388

slpldr

Reaction score
Late answer but it’s from Pre-fall 2014. It’s not an L01, just referred to as “studded motorcycle jacket”
Thanks I've found it also.

Any opinions on new womenswear? I got a bit bored with variations of see-through skirts and dresses, but retro pieces (fur coats, jackets, etc) look incredible, as if they are more Yves Saint Laurent than OG himself. The show and music were epic - as if its a demo of new replicants in Tyrell corp La Defence European headquarters, I really expected green curtains to rise up and reveal the dystopian Paris megacity. I really like the evolution of the brand under Vaccarello since his first collection.

Last edited:

mariank

Reaction score
Hello guys, sorry if this question has been answered before but I had no luck finding an answer. I am looking on the market for Hedi era denim, but I'm having trouble with finding the proper fit names, I know that d02 are (probably?) the skinniest fit, what I'm looking for is which ones are slim-straight pencil like fit. The fit I'm looking for would be not skinny and not baggy, something like this
1628171530-1628048395198862-d10fa99a181df9016593d7010f34d285.jpeg

slpldr

Reaction score
Hello guys, sorry if this question has been answered before but I had no luck finding an answer. I am looking on the market for Hedi era denim, but I'm having trouble with finding the proper fit names, I know that d02 are (probably?) the skinniest fit, what I'm looking for is which ones are slim-straight pencil like fit. The fit I'm looking for would be not skinny and not baggy, something like this
1628171530-1628048395198862-d10fa99a181df9016593d7010f34d285.jpeg
Someone posted the list of all denim codes here in this thread

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads