• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rubicon (New AMC series)

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lou
I'm not so sure the taped conversation with Ed happened as part of Davids death. Why kill David but not Ed? Especially if they thought that Ed knew as much as David did. I'm thinking the conversation was earlier, and the interruption is not really a dangerous moment. It's just him being interrupted, and not wanting to continue talking in front of whoever came in. David appears to have been at home the night before the accident. His Wife doesn't say anything about him not being at home or anything seeming out of the ordinary with him. I would have to go back and watch the first episode again, but isn't David talking to Will on the phone from the train that morning? Atlas kills people who compromise them. If they thought Ed knew too much then they would surely deal with him. as well? Truxton will find out sooner or later that Kale has been helping Will. The Atlas guys not checking in with an update on Will, is going to be a HUGE red flag. The **** has hit the fan! It will be interesting to see how they are going to lay out the board for the remainder of the game. You could just see Will thinking back to the party at Truxtons house when Kale told him to stick to the analyst side of things, because he would hate to see him involved in any mayhem.
Ed is a barely functioning nutjob. I'm pretty sure they don't think of him as a threat. David, on the other hand, was a problem. As for Kale, I think Truxton already knows about his helping Will. That's why he's getting bugged and tailed. I also don't believe that "best interest of the US" bullshit.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lou
I'm not so sure the taped conversation with Ed happened as part of Davids death. Why kill David but not Ed? Especially if they thought that Ed knew as much as David did. I'm thinking the conversation was earlier, and the interruption is not really a dangerous moment. It's just him being interrupted, and not wanting to continue talking in front of whoever came in.

No, David stopped talking suddenly and, in a very panicked, hoarse whisper, said "Oh God! Someone's here!" There was very clear distress in his voice. In the real world, we couldn't be so sure what happened, but this is TV, where they don't waste such moments without there being some meaning behind it.

David appears to have been at home the night before the accident. His Wife doesn't say anything about him not being at home or anything seeming out of the ordinary with him. I would have to go back and watch the first episode again, but isn't David talking to Will on the phone from the train that morning?
I don't recall. I just remember there being a shot on the train with another train suddenly lunging into view. Like I said, though, it's really immaterial whether or not he was a passenger or was placed there.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lou
Why kill David but not Ed? Especially if they thought that Ed knew as much as David did.

Originally Posted by Rambo
Ed is a barely functioning nutjob.

Precisely. Ed's been discredited. But I believe they are keeping tabs on him, just in case, which is exactly why Will told Ed that Ed was on the wrong track about Bloom (when, of course, he was correct) -- he was trying to uninvolve Ed to protect him.

lou

Reaction score
Ed is a barely functioning nutjob. I'm pretty sure they don't think of him as a threat. David, on the other hand, was a problem.

As for Kale, I think Truxton already knows about his helping Will. That's why he's getting bugged and tailed. I also don't believe that "best interest of the US" bullshit.

I'm not counting Ed out as being a credible threat. All of the analyst are highly strung , with some hanging on to functioning reality by a thread. Truxton is included in that description. Ed is still functioning quite nicely, but goes too far down the rabbit hole with his single minded purpose of finding out information. That is when he needs to be reeled back in. Look at how he has gathered info for Will.

As to Kale and the U.S. best interest. When Will asked him why he was helping him he said, "I support and defend the Constitution of the United States of America, agains't all enemies foreign and domestic." Great oath BTW, swore it three times, proudly.

Then, Ed talked to both Will, and Kale about Kale's personality, to defend U.S. interest.

That is where I'm getting that conclusion about Kale from.

Originally Posted by Teacher
Precisely. Ed's been discredited. But I believe they are keeping tabs on him, just in case, which is exactly why Will told Ed that Ed was on the wrong track about Bloom (when, of course, he was correct) -- he was trying to uninvolve Ed to protect him.

I agree with you that Will is trying to protect Ed, by trying to keep him out of it.

So, who thinks that Kaateb is related to somebody in the story arc?

delakingois

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lou
So, who thinks that Kaateb is related to somebody in the story arc?

Probably not, but he might be an Atlas asset, since Will is coming (jumping?) to the conclusion that "something big is going to happen".

lou

Reaction score
Originally Posted by delakingois
Probably not, but he might be an Atlas asset, since Will is coming (jumping?) to the conclusion that "something big is going to happen".

I don't think making the assumption that something big is going to happen is jumping to a conclusion. The intel points to an ongoing op. They need to nail it down, before clock runs out.

I have jumped to the conclusion, that Kaateb is an Atlas agent. I can't back that up with anything though. Think about this. Kaateb is Truxton Spanglers Son.

Bill Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lou
I don't think making the assumption that something big is going to happen is jumping to a conclusion. The intel points to an ongoing op. They need to nail it down, before clock runs out.

I have jumped to the conclusion, that Kaateb is an Atlas agent. I can't back that up with anything though. Think about this. Kaateb is Truxton Spanglers Son.

Now that would be a plot twist.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rubicon just went from 0 - 60 over the past 2 episodes and I'm not mad at that at all.

Bill Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jekyll
That was ******* great. I liked how Kateb ended up being this white-bread, corn-fed dude that looked like a quarterback.

Meet the new Al Qeada team.

Great episode last night, Truxton was barely holding it together, especially seeing surveillance photos of Kale and Maggie.

lou

Reaction score
Great episode. Loved how Will put Atlas, and Kateb together, but it was just a little too late.

Truxton Spangler, "Don't confuse fluidity for chaos." Love that character, and his portrayal.
Loved how Spangler was just sitting in his office watching it all happen and smiling about it.

Can't wait to see next week, and how things play out before they open the trap, and leave us hanging.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Awesome episode. For a second there I thought that Truxton was going to try and kill Kale himself.

I wonder how they're going to wrap up season 1 and transition into season 2.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Awesome episode. For a second there I thought that Truxton was going to try and kill Kale himself.

I was kind of wondering that myself. I kept thinking "No! he's such a great character!"

I'm still waiting for the shoe to drop re: the horny weird chick across the alley.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teacher
I'm still waiting for the shoe to drop re: the horny weird chick across the alley.
I'm starting to think she's not in on it. When she asked Maggie "are you sleeping with him too?" it seemed like she was only interested in they guy, not what he does. I did enjoy when she shut the door in Maggie's face after finding out she wasn't competition.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cakeideas