• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rory Duffy Bespoke - A Savile Row master tailor in NYC

David Reeves

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

$5-6k is a tough price point for someone just starting out because he is competing with Logsdail, who is local, not to mention all the SR firms that visit.

I think he's been at it for about 4 years now, he's mainly been based in the U.S and is now actually a citizen.

Last edited:

usctrojans31

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If all was as it should be in the world, Rory Duffy, 33, a lanky fifth generation master tailor from County Monaghan, Ireland,

When a then-25-year-old Duffy arrived in the United States in 2011, fresh from winning the Golden Shears, the Oscars of Savile Row,

Am I missing something?

cowpoke

Reaction score
From the Daily Beast article.
Quote:
Of course, a tailor could likely clothe such men in a made-to-measure fashion for far less money. And for most of us, who by statistical definition have close to "normal" body types, off the rack suits plus a quick trip to the tailor is sufficient. As much as we may love the art form, it's a bad business.

Yet, as someone who dreams of having suits made at Anderson Sheppard some day, if I had the money, I'd be at Rory's shop in a heartbeat.

David Reeves

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Of course, a tailor could likely clothe such men in a made-to-measure fashion for far less money. And for most of us, who by statistical definition have close to "normal" body types, off the rack suits plus a quick trip to the tailor is sufficient. As much as we may love the art form, it's a bad business.

Yet, as someone who dreams of having suits made at Anderson Sheppard some day, if I had the money, I'd be at Rory's shop in a heartbeat. 

It really isn't a bad business at all.

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...or-and-yet-he-can-t-make-a-decent-living.html

Rory Duffy Is New York City’s Finest Tailor, but He Can’t Make a Decent Living

The award-winning Rory Duffy says Americans, long accustomed to lower-priced made-to-measure menswear, are blind to the beauties of bespoke clothing.
This was one of the most painful to read articles I have ever seen. Why didnt the author just jerk off the old fashioned way instead of masturbating on paper?

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I don't know, jerking off onto paper goes way back as well.
AI-Playboy-Magazine-reprint-first-issue-marilyn-monroe-1953-cover.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads