• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

^Pretty cool, Feji

What size Richard jacket would work best for 6'2" 41 inch chest?

I would do a 52. The arms were only slightly long on me and I have a notoriously bad time finding sweaters and outerwear with arms that aren't too long.

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, why are the collab footwear always 50-60% more expensive than their CP counterparts?

Is it?:

(a) both geller and CP taking their markups (so 2 markups)
(b) better materials
(c) japan import fees
(d) hype markup

all of the above? anything else I miss?

Don't get me wrong, I have the RGxCP suede combat boots and I really like them, but had to get them on pretty deep discount and that equaled to about CP retail...and we know CP typically isn't worth retail...

Last edited:

Melbush

Reaction score
I'd say definitely A and D. I don’t believe the quality is any better than the regular CP. And if it is, nothing that would justify to double the price.

who8mahrice

Reaction score
Think I might try to track down another pair of flight pants now. Kinda regretting selling the pair I got from melonadejello. The 46 from SS11 was a little too big...I'm guessing 44's are only available in Japan? And even if I find one, those probably never make it to sale and I'd have to get it full priced? Probably similar deal with the 46, but higher chance of 46 hitting the resell market.

oi8api

Reaction score
Metal plate in the heel perhaps?
His actual line is extremely affordable.

And how about those garbage Achilles Tim Coppens has done? What, 610? Yeah right.

melonadejello

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Think I might try to track down another pair of flight pants now. Kinda regretting selling the pair I got from melonadejello. The 46 from SS11 was a little too big...I'm guessing 44's are only available in Japan? And even if I find one, those probably never make it to sale and I'd have to get it full priced? Probably similar deal with the 46, but higher chance of 46 hitting the resell market.

Nah, most places tend to carry 44s for them. Black Easy Pants seem to have sold out quick in 44s this season but I think the herringbone is pretty cool.

Those ss11 cotton/linen ones were bigger than usual, so you might try 46s again these days, if you have the option to return. I've noticed sweats and Richard stuff running pretty small in the waist the past few seasons

Those ones I sold you was one of probably less than 10 pairs of Flight Pants I've ever seen on yjp, they don't pop up very often there

I actually just sold a pair of 44s from fw14, sorry! But I've come to realize that I strongly prefer cropped ones, which is why I sold the long ones. They look better with low tops and there's no break when you wear them with boots/hi tops

who8mahrice

Reaction score
Thanks for the explanation. This is why you're one of my favorite and obviously one of the most helper posters around =). I'll keep an eye out I guess. And yea, I started looking at them again like a week after you sold your 44 >_>

who8mahrice

Reaction score
Any chance of an updated stockist list? The list from the first post in this thread is pretty outdated, maybe 5 or so shops carrying Geller on there. The official website stockist page is "under construction."

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah. It's been that way for a while.
****, let's DO IT LIVE!

Ssense
Maas & Stacks
No Man Walks Alone
Acrimony
East Dane
Frances May
Totokaelo
Odin
Forward
Nomad
Barney's
12345 Clothing
RSVP Gallery
Gravity Pope

I know there's more but I have no idea what they are.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 45 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads