• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

aquatherm

Reaction score
question - are you calling it "saddle" (like generically that color is saddle suede) or is that what RMW called it? Right now I heard the only suedes avail for custom are Havana, Black, Blue, Choco....

That's what RMW call it. It's slightly darker than Havana

InaYan

Reaction score
Can anyone offer any perspective on Women's fitment for RMW? It seems that some of the models under the Mens section of the RMW site have sizes down to an RMW size 1 (the Gardener, for instance). I can't imagine that is a mens size. I've also seen on some sites that these models are considered unisex. Are the lasts used for the mens and womens lines the same? Do women tend to wear the "mens" line? Or do most women stick with something like the Adelaide if seeking a more traditional round toe RMW look?
hi,
I am a woman and bought several pairs (some returned,some sold)of Comfort Craftsman before to obtain some that finally KINDA fit.Would prefer the women's RM's chelsea boots,but NONE of them will fit in width. Annoying.
I have wide foot and thin heel.
My left foot is bigger than my right one(pun is true).
6H fit brilliantly in width but was few mm shorter than I needed...
Today received my 6.5 H.
They feel a bit loose-nothing that a tick sock or insole wouldn't fix,but wanted so much RM to be a perfect fit ?
Long story short-yes,we buy the "men's " shoes ,stated as " unisex" as well.
And being unisex boots,they have to offer sizes that are small enough for us ladies :)
Check the inches/cm measurements .
I am guided by the European sizes .
I wish I could help more,but still not a RMW expert ?

Snorpley

Reaction score
hi,
I am a woman and bought several pairs (some returned,some sold)of Comfort Craftsman before to obtain some that finally KINDA fit.Would prefer the women's RM's chelsea boots,but NONE of them will fit in width. Annoying.
Today received my 6.5 H.
They feel a bit loose-nothing that a tick sock or insole wouldn't fix,but wanted so much RM to be a perfect fit ?
And being unisex boots,they have to offer sizes that are small enough for us ladies :)
Would you explore the made to order route? Too have one foot slightly longer than the other and ended up trying a half size difference between L/R. MTO not always convenient depending on where you are in the world though. In terms of a perfect fit, I have 4 pairs of RMs, and they are all of different sizes. All fit well enough, but the strive for a perfect fit is all-consuming. Haha.
Generally and annoyingly, I can’t make the Craftsman work for me (my foot is too flat/narrow), so I reach for Turnout

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
hi,
Today received my 6.5 H.

Thanks for replying. We're near enough to the store in NY that we'll hopefully visit at some point to be properly fitted. Aside from sizing, I think the bigger issue for my wife is that she was seeking a chunkier, more casual aesthetic with more of a mini lug sole and perhaps a contrast welt stitch and edge. RMW isn't optimal for those requirements although there are one or two models that might have worked. She ended up getting a pair of Red Wings instead, which are closer to what she wanted but a less traditional chelsea. Oh well... if she likes that pair and wants a more classic look we will revisit RMW.

InaYan

Reaction score
Would you explore the made to order route? Too have one foot slightly longer than the other and ended up trying a half size difference between L/R. MTO not always convenient depending on where you are in the world though. In terms of a perfect fit, I have 4 pairs of RMs, and they are all of different sizes. All fit well enough, but the strive for a perfect fit is all-consuming. Haha.
Generally and annoyingly, I can’t make the Craftsman work for me (my foot is too flat/narrow), so I reach for Turnout
I would happily benefit from being properly sized in store but here in UK we have only two stores I believe-and after all I am not Billy Foster to travel all over Australia for single pair of boots ?
I haven't yet read any similar to mine story of buying boots haha
Before RMW I ordered four or three pairs of Penelope Chilvers-needless to say NONE of them fit ?
I wanted the Comfort Craftsman so badly that I was determined to find a pair that fits at 90%.
Will give the 6.5H a chance pairing it with my fanciest joggers at home?

Last edited:

Snorpley

Reaction score
I would happily benefit from being properly sized in store but here in UK we have only two stores I believe-and after all I am not Billy Foster to travel all over Australia for single pair of boots ?
I haven't yet read any similar to mine story of buying boots haha
Before RMW I ordered four or three pairs of Penelope Chilvers-needless to say NONE of them fit ?
I wanted the Comfort Craftsman so badly that I was determined to find a pair that fits at 90%.
Will give the 6.5H a chance pairing it with my fanciest joggers at home?
I just noted you went from 6H (slightly short but good width) to 6.5H. Your Goldilocks may be 6.5G (up the half size in length, and down one size in width (H>G). Never give up lol

InaYan

Reaction score
I just noted you went from 6H (slightly short but good width) to 6.5H. Your Goldilocks may be 6.5G (up the half size in length, and down one size in width (H>G). Never give up lol
6G was my first pair .
Weirdest thing ?
My feet were sliding forward,had enormous heel slip and generally the feel was I am wearing new Nike sliders.Only that the sliders don't pinch your toes?
About the 6.5 G -I cannot even imagine how those will fit lol

InaYan

Reaction score
Because the 6G had already a heel slip which could get even worse with a longer boot.
I've ordered the 6.H.
Have them tried on.
Bit roomy around the instep ,perfect in length and I would like them more snug WITHOUT compromising with the lenght.
Which really makes me wonder if I give the 6.5G a try??

Snorpley

Reaction score
If you conclude that 6.5 is THE length for you, you have the G width option, but also the F width option (the narrowest Craftsman width) via MTO.
Your perfect boot does exist.

InaYan

Reaction score
I know. Wearing the 6.5H at home right now to figure out if I can deal with in in a long term.
Sometimes I think that wearing boots that were too small or uncomfortable for me for months makes me feel the normal fit like it's unnecessarily roomier.

Last edited:

Snorpley

Reaction score
Agree totally! One person's perfect fit could well be another one's too loose/tight. Good point.
That said, I hate myself for hanging onto stuff I wasn't sure of too begin with. I've been guilty of that too many times.

Vamp-ire

Reaction score
Found a pair on the bay in my size for $80 shipped, looks like they're pre LV! They look to be in pretty great condition.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211102-233215_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20211102-233215_eBay.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 108
  • Screenshot_20211102-233200_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20211102-233200_eBay.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 126
  • Screenshot_20211102-233152_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20211102-233152_eBay.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 130

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?