• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great, thanks
smile.gif

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My second pair of RMW Yearling Craftsman arrived this week, this time in chestnut. I'm still amazed at the quality and comfort at this pricepoint. I now own the standard yearling, leather sole (gy welt) craftsman in black and chestnut. Per a previous post in this thread, I really had hoped for a dark, dark brown as I've seen in photos, but it's not quite what I expected. Still very nice and I'm not at all unhappy. I'll grab the camera for some quick pics later.

Regarding shipping time from Barry at bootsonline, this order shipped on a Monday and arrived Friday to the US (Mass). I emailed him with the order (he already had my cc info) over the weekend and he processed and shipped the following Mon.

My last order took exactly the same amount of time, shipped on a Tues, arrived on Sat. It often takes longer for me to ship my expense reports to Chicago. Barry was a pleasure to deal with. Email responses were prompt and as indicated above, shipping was quicker than I ever expected!

I may have to order something with a rubber sole and rounder toe to mix things up for next winter. I wear the chisel toe blundstones now in bad weather but after wearing the RMW's for month now, the blunnies haven't seen much toe time.

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know what you mean, Patrick. Once you find a superbly comfortable (and affordable) chelsea boot, such as RMW or Baxter, you'll find you'll be wearing them quite a lot. I know that's the case with me.

Wrigglez

Reaction score
to sator or anyone who ordered veal craftsmens from nungar.

how long does it take for them to be shipped?

its been 6 weeks since the order was made and i'm wondering if they will ever turn up!

maybe i'm just a little excited to get them.

amce

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wrigglez
to sator or anyone who ordered veal craftsmens from nungar. how long does it take for them to be shipped? its been 6 weeks since the order was made and i'm wondering if they will ever turn up! maybe i'm just a little excited to get them.
Haven't ordered from Nungar, I use Bootsonline. My veal Craftsmen were sent three weeks after order. Shouldn't really be any difference as the boots are made at the same place in South Australia. Given of course that the work load in the workshop can vary. My problem at the moment is that after three weeks manufacturing and two days shipping they've been caught up in customs for almost two weeks! Haven't received them yet! Cheers

amce

Reaction score
Originally Posted by amce
My problem at the moment is that after three weeks manufacturing and two days shipping they've been caught up in customs for almost two weeks! Haven't received them yet!

Cheers

My MTO's arrived today, Monday. As I said above: shipped three weeks after order, about two days from Melbourne to Stockholm and then 11 days in customs and domestic mail, including the Easter long weekend.

They came with shoe bags, a tin of RM polish and a polishing glove. I also purchased RM red cedar trees. All in all a nice fit, maybe a little tighter than my Comfort Craftsmen but then I tried them on with warm feet as soon as I got home from work.

Will try to take some pics comparing the two, mainly the screwed sole to the Comfort welt.

Now I'm thinking my fifth pair. In mock croc.

Cheers

amce

Reaction score
Originally Posted by laphroaig
Can you post pictures when you get them. I really want to see how these will look. The chisel-toe with screwed sole sounds interesting.
Helmut Newton I ain't. Hope this pic gives an idea of the difference between the MTO French Calf Craftsman with the screwed sole and the Comfort Craftsman Yearling both on the B543 last (chisel toe) http://i44.tinypic.com/20z1krn.jpg Cheers

Wrigglez

Reaction score
Got my veal craftsmens.

pics just out of the box.

from nungar,

great service, cheers.

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have two pairs on the way. Macquerie and Tamworth both with brass nailed soled made in yearling leather.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wrigglez
Got my veal craftsmens.

pics just out of the box.

from nungar,

great service, cheers.

Do you have any Yearling boots, on the basis of which you could compare the leather quality? I've debated whether it would be worth it to get another pair, but in French veal...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads