• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recommendations for good gym earbuds / headphones

darnelled

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Bumping this: I'm trying to find some new phones to go with my Sansa Clip. I can't ever seem to get comfortable with phones that go in my ear, even just a little. I just tried two pairs of the Adidas/Sennheiser sport phones and neither of them were comfortable. The hard plastic ear bud that just sat in the ear was very uncomfortable. Any new suggestions for outside the ear phones or something that's extremely comfortable/non-obtrusive in the ear?

Look at www.shure.com then buy the ones you like on ebay (cheaper). They come with 2 different types and many sizes of buds.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by darnelled
Look at www.shure.com then buy the ones you like on ebay (cheaper). They come with 2 different types and many sizes of buds.
I tried a pair of Shure once (the $100 ones way back when they first came out). Uncomfortable.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
http://www.amazon.com/JBuds-Premium-.../dp/B001GS8FZ2 MSRP is ~80 but amazon has them for 20 now and has *very frequent* sales bringing them in the 7-15 range depending on color. They come with several different sizes of rubber piece so that you can get the best fit for your ear and they are somewhat noise isolating--blocks out the bad gym music and ambient noise but not so much that you couldn't hear if someone wanted to get your attention (provided you don't put the music so loud it drowns them out).

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Are the tips on these different, or is the design any different, any every other IEM? Or is it just that you like the sound?

I went back to Best Buy to return the Adidas headphones and walked out with a Klipsch S2 and a Sennheiser CX300 to try along with a pack of tips from Monster (I know but its for sampling purposes). Will post up comfort results.

BrianVarick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just bought Ultimate Ears MetroFi 170 for $22. Hopefully they stay in my ears while running, I'll let you know.

RWK

Reaction score
V-Moda Bass Freq's are superb given their price ($22). Though you might have to replace them if you tend to abuse your earbuds, the warranty service is excellent and they just ship you a new pair quickly. The second pair I received had better build quality than the first set as well.

upnorth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Meelectronics earphones (like the M6) are pretty good for the gym. They are cheap enough and do the job.

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I use Sennheiser in-ear headphones, which can be had for only £20. I'm sure the Shure ones are good too, and Sony aren't bad.

Avoid Skull Candy, they're ****.

darnelled

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
I tried a pair of Shure once (the $100 ones way back when they first came out). Uncomfortable.

They now come with 3 sizes of foam and 3 of silicone interchangable buds. I can only use the foam ones.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
I bought a pair of phillips for like 100 a while back, and they're ******* garbage, it's like a little man is banging on a pie tin in my ear. My 20$ sony earbuds were so much better and richer. God I miss good sounding music.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Well, I ended up going with a pair of PortaPro's. The KSC-75's kept sliding off my ears any time I'd tilt my head back. I'm rocking it old school now bitches.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads