• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recommendations for good gym earbuds / headphones

bach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hp1.jpg

+

p-5yzupy9a9ade.jpg

http://www.apple.com/ipod/in-ear-headphones/

http://www.complyfoam.com/Product/T%...s-(new-version)

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

surfnbank

Reaction score
anything that goes in your ear that isn't to spongy should work pretty well. I know my friend uses the ones with the clip and loves them but I never really got a feel for the,

Nomad_K

Reaction score
I have had good luck with an inexpensive pair of Panasonics. Several friends like Skull Candy's earbuds and I have a pair that I can't complain about.

johnny_flapjack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've always had a problem getting any of these damn things to stay in my head. The apple ear buds fell out. I got a pair sort of like what bach recommended and I drowned them with sweat to the point where they wouldn't work and THEN they fell out, then I had been using a pair like you first posted - which still didn't work that well.

When I was at the expo for the Detroit Marathon there was a company there doing fittings for their product which is called Yurbuds. It's a jelly earpiece that goes on over your apple earbuds. The people at the booth had an iphone app that took a picture of your ear and sized you on one of their standard sizes. I tried them on, and since I've had such bad luck I'm pretty much willing to give anyone's next best thing a chance, I sprung for the $20 for them.

I've got to say, so far so good. They're comfortable and they have yet to fall out when I'm running. And even though they appear to block your whole ear canal you can still hear outside noise - which is good when you're trying to not get hit by cars.

Anyhow, sorry to sound like a commercial but they've the only ones I've tried that have worked for me so far for working out.

amnesiac

Reaction score
I have both the koss' posted and these and the ksc75 clip on ones don't have a chance in hell staying on your head working out unless you do some serious messing around with those wire ear hooks and even then. The portapros on the other hand I can run sprints in them. I personally find them to have a certain 80s walkman appeal... also, they sound quite good with good bass that isn't overpowering - i find this particularly great for my workout mixes. Also, koss has a lifetime limited warranty where you just send them the a $6 check with the headphones you accidentally pulled the wire out of after a hard year of wear, and they send you a new one or replace the old ones. i wear these around while walking too so you can hear enough of the traffic even with them pretty high up. If not headphones, then get some sort of earbud that has multiple foam/rubber plugs and get ones that fit your ear. I find this to be less effective because they can often be microphonic (you can hear the sound of things hitting the cable because it travels up the wire) and when i'm running i get this thud from my feet hitting the ground. also, i sweat a lot and it just feels gross having your ears plugged up like that when you're all sweaty. also, for running, the isolation these give you is bad news for traffic awareness.

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a cheap pair of $20 Skull Candy's. The quality is **** but they have a lifetime warranty and they fit like a glove.

coldarchon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnny_flapjack
I've always had a problem getting any of these damn things to stay in my head. The apple ear buds fell out. I got a pair sort of like what bach recommended and I drowned them with sweat to the point where they wouldn't work and THEN they fell out, then I had been using a pair like you first posted - which still didn't work that well.
dont use them then. you could get a cerumenolysis ..

Myko

Reaction score
those are great headphones, it's what I use... however, lately I've been wondering if Bose makes noise-cancelling ear buds?... don't know if that's possible or not.

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bought a pair of Skull Candies at Target for $19 after returning the ill fitting Bose $100 earphones. They're not bad for the $ and stay in your ears. How hard would this have been for Bose to replicate?

muziq925

Reaction score
I use JVC marchmallows. They are pretty cheap, block out sound, and dont fall out too much when you run.

Zenny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of Sennheisers than I use, only problem is they come in either neon orange or neon green.

greg_atlanta

Reaction score
I've been happy with the sony earbuds. They have 3 different cushion sizes and fill the ear canal. They block out ambient noise (like annoying gym music) so you don't have to crank up the volume to drown out everything else. The buds can slip out if your ears get waxy, but just keep your ears clean with q-tips or a warm water + peroxide flush now and then (using ear syringe). The cushions can pop off if you're not careful, but replacements are available.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Bumping this: I'm trying to find some new phones to go with my Sansa Clip. I can't ever seem to get comfortable with phones that go in my ear, even just a little. I just tried two pairs of the Adidas/Sennheiser sport phones and neither of them were comfortable. The hard plastic ear bud that just sat in the ear was very uncomfortable. Any new suggestions for outside the ear phones or something that's extremely comfortable/non-obtrusive in the ear?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads