• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

recommend some shoes?

Zentg

Reaction score
im pretty new to this level of fahion and want to ditch the 'ol nikes for a more fashionable sneaker (not really a fan of dress shoes, they hurt my feet and i prefer sneakers)

i notice most people recommend brown as a versatile option.

how do you guys like these? what other tips can ya give me?

looking at these, i really like them and feel like they would go good with jeans or khaki shorts, and are better than converse.

Last edited:

jmaudi0

Reaction score
if you want to stick with sneakers you will see most people here keep it very simple - white/cream coloring will match everything and looks even better once lived in for a bit.

affordable:
Chucks
Vans Authentics
Adidas Stan Smiths
German Army Trainers (GATS) - look for the thread

more $:
Epaulet Tennis Trainers
Kent Wang sneakers
Common Projects Achilles

browse the WAYWT thread regularly for ideas. that's the best way to become accustomed to the "SF groupthink". you won't love everything but you will learn a lot.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

im pretty new to this level of fahion and want to ditch the 'ol nikes for a more fashionable sneaker (not really a fan of dress shoes, they hurt my feet and i prefer sneakers) i notice most people recommend brown as a versatile option. how do you guys like these? what other tips can ya give me? looking at these, i really like them and feel like they would go good with jeans or khaki shorts, and are better than converse.
Don't like.

Zentg

Reaction score
if you want to stick with sneakers you will see most people here keep it very simple - white/cream coloring will match everything and looks even better once lived in for a bit.

affordable:
Chucks
Vans Authentics
Adidas Stan Smiths

more $:
Epaulet Tennis Trainers
Kent Wang sneakers
Common Projects Achilles

browse the WAYWT thread regularly for ideas. that's the best way to become accustomed to the "SF groupthink". you won't love everything but you will learn a lot.

right on, i was actualyl browsing that a bit earlier hehe. the otherday a guy was telling me about how he wore chucks with a suit to a interview and still got the job! i guess they really do go with everything o.o

do you guys like the shoe i linked? i really like it and am about to buy it, but wanted to get some approval cus id hate to get it next week and have people like "dude wtf are those??"

Zentg

Reaction score

affordable:
Chucks
Vans Authentics
Adidas Stan Smiths

more $:
Epaulet Tennis Trainers
Kent Wang sneakers
Common Projects Achilles

i really love those GATS, but i searched online and they are 500$, more expensive then the epaulet, kentwang and common project o.o

jmaudi0

Reaction score
google is your friend. we will point in the right directions but don't expect to have your hand held.

Zentg

Reaction score
google is your friend. we will point in the right directions but don't expect to have your hand held.
np man i was getting some anxiety because of mt ptsd from the air force but i got it all figured it out :) I'm actually extremely resourceful. few years ago i moved far away from everyone i knew for a while and rebuilt a mustang engine completely by myself using just google searches, manuals and schematics at the ford dealer parts department. didn't ask anyone for anything and got the job done perfectly! and that was my first time rebuilding any enigne.

learned some german along the way :) but just ordered some GATS, size 41 ;) for 29.90$ :)

err...hoping 29,90 euro means 31,81$ and not 2,990 euro LOL

thanks a lot for helping me :)

SOFORT-KAUFEN!!!

Last edited:

Zentg

Reaction score
er just noticed that these shoes i bought are used LOL...thats kinda gross, or does FASHION clean up good and it will be worth it?

np its all good they look cool :)

Last edited:

Zentg

Reaction score
this is probably another question that's gonna make me look like a fashion idiot - but how are these GATS different compared to those puma shoes that look just like them? is it just the quality? or is it because logos aren't cool and the GATS are the puma shoes without the logos?

edit: i mean these adidas

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads