• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m much more into making clothes than buying clothes these days. But, I couldn’t pass up a sweater jacket (my latest interest) with Harris Tweed at 80% off (JCrew). It’s hard to fully appreciate it from the photos considering it’s styled it a denim shirt and jeans 😕
IMG_1786.jpeg

IMG_1787.jpeg

Last edited:

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
I usually never post here but I'm quite happy with this recent pick up.

I'm traditionally very unlucky with gloves because the fingers are either too short but tight enough or they fit in length but are just way too roomy. It's interesting that the pair of gloves that finally fit my seemingly alien hands would be these monstrosities. Not sure what that says about me.

Boris Bidjan Saberi veg tan horse leather gloves

E73514.002_2.jpeg

202616M135046_1.jpg

202616M135046_2.jpg

There are knuckles in the leather and they're creased and bent as if they've already been worn in. They are described as "molded" so I assume either a real or fake hand was used in order to shape these gloves. I know Boris is known to be the model himself for his body molded clothes. Interesting article in which that is described here: https://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/26/fashion/boris-bidjan-saberis-mad-method.html

"We were looking at the jackets, myself and an employee of the Saberi store, who was relating the story of the craft that goes into the making of the jackets. The sleeves that are pre-bent at the elbow — those are “body-molded,” she said. What a fabulous euphemism, I said, because yes, they certainly did look as if they were worn by a human. In fact, you could say they looked as if they were being worn by a human as they were hanging on the rack, so much space did each one require.

But this was no euphemism, she noted. The leather that was so creased? It was dipped in water to loosen it up, then worn by an actual person for a couple of hours to be broken in and given its weathered effect.

That person: Boris Bidjan Saberi."

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads