• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
forever trollin'

Urthwhyte

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wish contacts were an option for me :( 12+ hour days in front of a computer or poring over books means being able to take glasses on and off is a necessity. Hoping my vision stabilizes within the next few years and LASIK becomes possible/not a huge waste of mone

tcwalter07

Reaction score
I don't mind wearing glasses at all. I see them as something I can buy and wear like a piece of clothing. Honestly if I were to make the switch to contacts I'd probably just keep wearing glasses with nonprescription lenses because I just really like nice eyewear. The only time I really wish I wore contacts is when I play pick-up basketball games.

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I, like others, had glasses at a young age, and pretty much swore off them forever. Contacts were impossible for me to put/keep in (they would always fall out), so I would squint 24/7. Everyone always though I was mad at them and glaring hahaha.

After another unsuccessful attempt at monthlies (they kept tearing like every 3-7 days while I wore them), I finally switched to dailies and my life is complete. Feels good man

max_r

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I only wear my glasses when I drive at night, or need to be able to read the street signs. I just deal with not being able to see things far away clearly, since I hate wearing glasses.

Hope to get my eyes zapped at some point.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score

OK, well let's just say stuff like being out in the rain or snow, lifting weights, exercise of almost any kind, manual labor, sex, being out on a really sunny day (sensitive eyes and need sunglasses), are all vastly better for me with contacts versus glasses. YMMV.

I like how you slid sex in the middle there.

7hills

Reaction score
First post and first pair of CPs. Really happy with them.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
TC, what are you doing? I actually understand what you wrote.

I, like others, had glasses at a young age, and pretty much swore off them forever. Contacts were impossible for me to put/keep in (they would always fall out), so I would squint 24/7. Everyone always though I was mad at them and glaring hahaha.

Since I was three. Couldn't live without them.

pronxs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
guys seriously if you can afford it, do lasik. best money ever spent.
you can always put on non prescription glasses if you want to.

BreezyBirch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so gunna get that in a few months. same price as a fancy pairs of boots/shoes...money better spent!

Last edited:

pronxs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

so gunna get that in a few months. same price as a fancy pairs of boots/shoes...money better spent!

seriously. here in asia prices have dropped to about 2K for both eyes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads