• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random health and exercise thoughts

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
God this fuckin globo gym i went to saturday to do a day pass workout has called me five times since them. I told them it's a ******* gym membership and he's not selling me a used car so back off.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ugh - sprained my right wrist this weekend (i think) trying to stop my bike from toppling over.

Really hoping I can continue doing 5 X 5 through it.

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ffff still cant decide on new shoes, leaning towards those nb minimus. does anyone have personal experience with them? worth getting the cross-trainer (raised heel) vs run (flat sole)? but then if i get the raised heel one i should just get the adidas powerlift instead, dunno what to do. dont want to walk about in oly shoes on non-lower days though, would make me that guy

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ffff still cant decide on new shoes, leaning towards those nb minimus. does anyone have personal experience with them? worth getting the cross-trainer (raised heel) vs run (flat sole)? but then if i get the raised heel one i should just get the adidas powerlift instead, dunno what to do. dont want to walk about in oly shoes on non-lower days though, would make me that guy

minimus feel weird as fuk. Like wrapping your foot in a kind of hard plastic bag with a bit of cardboard for the sole. Would kop oly shoes and just change to whatever you feel like on non lower days.

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

LOL

Those cross-trainers aren't at all like the Powerlift.

They are athletic shoes that just happen to have a small heel to toe drop, that's all. IMO, they are 'meh.' Too soft and squishy.
The trails are better, thinner and harder but they are in no way anything like the powerlift or any weightlifting shoe.

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

DIE

LOL

Those cross-trainers aren't at all like the Powerlift.

They are athletic shoes that just happen to have a small heel to toe drop, that's all. IMO, they are 'meh.' Too soft and squishy.
The trails are better, thinner and harder but they are in no way anything like the powerlift or any weightlifting shoe.

did not mean raised heel in the same sense of the powerlift. was recommended by that cressey guy as a good lifting shoe, hence why i thought it would be more solid. either way, worth going for the flat sole option? would be acceptable for squats+pulls since im not big on pulling in high heels. looking for a do-it-all option since i still have knuckshoes if i really really want to squat in oly shoes and would just pull barefoot if i got the adidas. i am doing more GPP stuff right now so i dont need anything super weightlifting specific, but the powerlifts looked like they'd be enough of a bastardized trainer oly shoe to be suitable for lifting and other things.

minimus feel weird as fuk. Like wrapping your foot in a kind of hard plastic bag with a bit of cardboard for the sole. Would kop oly shoes and just change to whatever you feel like on non lower days.

hate changing shoes for different ish you know, just want one pair

Last edited:

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I wear NB Minimus Zero shoes and love them. Great for lifting and perfect for running after you get used to them.

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you don't want to pull in heels, then just get some trails, IMO (if you want barefoot feel like shoes), or those Merrell..try em out and see what feels nice and solid.

I like my Inov8 for most things, but they're also kinda weird and don't hug my foot well. Last few weeks I've worn chucks on days im pullin

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've seen people use five fingers at the gym. Anything wrong with those?

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A friend who's opinion I trust very much hated those new balances for lifting. Although doesn't john pinder lift in them? and that dude from chaos and pain.. still tho you can't beat chucks and they are comfortable as ****. The extra fabric on the high tops are nice during band work that goes around your ankle, i have big ass calluses from that stuff but wouldn't if I got high tops earlier.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads