• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Food Questions Thread

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

2geeky4me. Great if you want to learn about knives, but I'd go to Jacques Pepin for knife skills.

did you get your knife, by the way?

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

ha! remember "mail-order" sources?

No. Geezer.

edina, just looked through my office bookshelf and it reminded me of a pretty good book by an old ebuddy of mine, chad ward. It's called "an edge in the kitchen" and it covers just about everything you'd want to know about knives, from buying, sharpening to cutting. warning: seriously geeky when it comes to metallurgy.

Cool, thanks. I think I need a class too. I mean, let's remember who we're giving instruction to here... I need all the help I can get.

Seriously, if you want to ubergeek out, check out www.fortheloveofport.com . It has great beginner guides and articles but also some incredibly detailed and geeky stuff. It is one of the best wine websites on the internerd that is devoted to a single region (along with Burghound for Burgundy). Just great stuff. His newsletters are awesome too, if you want to shell out cash to learn.
This + absolutely.

Awesome, will be a-readin' during a slow news day.

Unfortunately, I had to pick it up at the post office, and go through all that entails

lol.

delirium

Reaction score
Thanks for all the suggestions!

a bunch of small baking soda boxes would work. That's about all they sell them for nowadays, lol. Over here in Asia we have tons of awesome purpose-made deodorizers/dessicant tubs for everything, i have one in my fridge that is half charcoal, half gel, in a plastic vessel that is shaped like a liquor flask. Slim and discreet, they work pretty well for a few months and then you change them.

Asian sophistication :nodding:

Get a lampe berger. We have a few in our house. They are really quite nice, and there are many different scents to choose from.
http://www.lampeberger.us/lampe-berger-official-website-luxury-fragrances-for-the-home

I know what you mean. We use neutral in the kitchen. It works really well. I always light it after I finish cooking fish, and within 20 minutes the odor is gone. You can also mix the neutral with other scents to decrease their potency. "Ocean Breeze" is my favorite.

Some of these look okay, and some of them look like they are some off-world fixture.

That being said, do they really "de-odorize" or do they just mask the smell?
I guess where my thoughts comes from is. Do odors really seep into the walls and cabinets of kitchens in homes of heavy cookers? Something my mom believes... Not sure if it's an old wives' tale.

mgm9128

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know this has been discussed before, but I need to buy a new cutting board. Which is the best? I don't want wood.

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Then take a plastic one. They are nearly as good as wood for the edge but more resistant to color/odor. I'd say it's not overly important which company you choose, but you pretty much can't be wrong when you pay a little more for a board from a reputable producer. Buy one that you like to look at, more or less.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Can I fly with a potato or does that have to go in checked baggage?

why are you flying with a potato, and where are you taking this potato?

Last edited:

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

why are you flying with a potato, and where are you taking this potato?

Because I have a potato...and I want to make another attempt at pommes anna at my parents house (where I can use a mandoline and smaller cast iron skillet).

Of course I'd still have to buy more potato...but I think I will throw it in there just so the TSA guy can go "wtf?"

Also, I have terrible luck storing any potatoes from whole foods...it will probably have sprouted by the time I get back and want to use it again.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
You can fly with a potato if you're staying within the USA or any of it's interests. It's a crazy thought, but they might actually sell potatoes elsewhere too.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I do some bad boy **** once in awhile, and take produce internationally, actually. It helps to look like the kind of person who would not necessarily be smuggling tomatoes or limes.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
hmmmmmmm

so since they won't let me bring orange juice, could I pack a few oranges and an empty bottle and juice them once I am through security?

What if I dehydrated them and injected them with EXPLOSIVES? oh ****, sorry guys but I just ruined flying.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
yes on the oranges and oranges injected with EXPLOSIVES. Those are fine. TSA won't find them anyway, who gives a ****. We can just blame the brown people if something goes wrong.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads