• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

oxx

Reaction score
Well I have been collecting the bones of my enemies for a while now, so I guess this would be one thing to do with them.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It's really hard to pull off leathers in the formal/casual or even "modernist" look, I think platypus did the later recently (say black raf trousers+crisp white dress shirt+black Lang shoes w. a leather) but not sure it wasn so all you have to do is chill.

I definitely agree that it's much more difficult to pull off a leather in a formal/casual look than in a strictly casual way. You've met me, and I'm sure you'd find it hard to imagine me doing formal casual, or modernist (a la Raf Simons, for example.) It's sort of like pulling off anything denim well in that formal/casual setting. The best of the second is the black denim Gucci sportscoat or the black denim biker jacket from Dior circa 2001. You really don't see it done well that often, though.

The past decade, with all the fascination with casual clothing, has served me well. I suppose that if I need to bust out a sportscoat with the whole #menswear thing, that my Kin jacket in 18 ounce military barathea will have to do.

Last edited:

CharlieAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A ******* bird just pooped on my new OCBD as I was walking home from the book store. I will be eating CAGE RAISED chicken tonight in retaliation.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score

it feels strange paying 50 dollars for a t shirt, for 10 of them you would spend $500 alone just for tshirts, of course if you have the money to burn on t shirts then more power to you.
you can get a tshirt for $10 at the gap right now with all the sales, feels the same and looks the same mostly, it won't have raw hems but you can take it to a tailor and they can do it easily for a couple of bucks if you really prefer that look.

Don't worry guys, this is an MC troll, otherwise known as Reevolving. He has some great threads.

not sure how these = "resident sophmore-turned-rasta pot head hemp hoodies" but okay ... .
170046_mrp_in_l.jpg
170043_mrp_in_l.jpg

Ummm, that looks pretty much exactly like the description. Not sure how you can't see that.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

find a proxy i guess

friend of my gf was interested when i proxied as a favour for someone here, she was considering doing this for maybe a small fee if people were interested. lives in london but shes actually swedish, so easy to communicate with the tres bien /nitty gritty etc. she thought the person i proxied for was cute so could just be a way to meet men tho:foo:

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it just me, or are those long, floppy, shapeless, thin leather boots that I see women everywhere wearing the new UGGs?

NaTionS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

friend of my gf was interested when i proxied as a favour for someone here, she was considering doing this for maybe a small fee if people were interested. lives in london but shes actually swedish, so easy to communicate with the tres bien /nitty gritty etc. she thought the person i proxied for was cute so could just be a way to meet men tho:foo:

Do we need to send a head shot along with the proxy request?

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

well ive never been in a long distance relationship before :embar:

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Late pass on the t-shirt talk, but do any brands out there other than Silent offer long, slim sleeves on their short-sleeve (preferably non-crew neck) shirts? It seems like most t-shirt sleeves don't even come close to mid-bicep on me.

Wish it was easier to find Man of Moods t-shirts below retail.

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is it just me, or are those long, floppy, shapeless, thin leather boots that I see women everywhere wearing the new UGGs?

yeah they're everywhere, but on most girls they look wayyyy better than uggs. not nearly as offensive stylistically IMO.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Damn it. I had a couple of things on my wishlist at The Corner with the "notify me when it is the last one available" option checked. I just logged in and saw that a couple are sold out. I got no notification.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads