• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
which one are you talking about? i dont think ive seen those

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have an impossible time finding t-shirts that fit right, practically everything at sub-$50 prices is a couple inches too short in the body.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Last edited:

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score

lol. Luckily, sneakers and leather jackets (cafe racer styles and "cowboy" styles, mostly) have been staples of my wardrobe for years. I've been wearing the same uniform for about a decade now, with the silhouette evolving with time, and with the price increasing.

It's really hard to pull off leathers in the formal/casual or even "modernist" look, I think platypus did the later recently (say black raf trousers+crisp white dress shirt+black Lang shoes w. a leather) but not sure it wasn't some cotton thing. It's mostly a runway thing where you have to look all German-ed and have the right haircut and you still look sorta iffy at parties.

You were recently talking (in the leather thread) about not being too reactive when something happens to your leather, I, of course agree. In the last month I (or someone else who wore it, not sure) made a hole in one of my Rick leathers and some chick ripped off buttons of a Harnden blazer. It's normal, it happens and people can fix these problems so all you have to do is chill.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score

This is partially due to it not being readily available outside of Japan. I've had quite a few people pm me about junhashimoto and wjk, yet I don't see anyone wearing these brands in fit pics other than nicelynice. So same situation.
Also since DBSS doesn't play directly into any well established group trends, how would one incorporate it into their existing style? It's not really a goth ninja brand, which is further evidenced by the fact that SZ doesn't show it much love. But oddly SF posters speak more love for the label, leading me to believe that despite the overall funky collections the label has a stronger mainstream appeal than it would appear at first glance.
Certainly the most mainstream looking pieces in a DBSS collection could be successfully worn by many posters, whereas I can often look through whole Julius collections and struggle to see any pieces that could have broader, non-ninja appeal.

It's definitely a brand that has affinities with Viridi-anne and Attachement but yeah, more rock/punk less goth/industrial. BTW I met the designer at an Attachement presentation and they're friends so I'd say, at least socially speaking, it draws bridges with the other "goth-ninja" Japanese designers...

cl smooth

Reaction score
I'm getting really tired of the customs charges that come with ordering from overseas shops. can this be prevented anyway? I just got a $86 bill from Fedex for 2 things I bought from Norse Store a few weeks ago. So ridiculous. I'm honestly thinking about not ordering internationally anymore.

derrida26

Reaction score
I'm getting really tired of the customs charges that come with ordering from overseas shops. can this be prevented anyway? I just got a $86 bill from Fedex for 2 things I bought from Norse Store a few weeks ago. So ridiculous. I'm honestly thinking about not ordering internationally anymore.

I just ordered from Norse Store last week and now FedEx is making me fill out some international shipping form. Hopefully a bill doesn't show up later :eek:

Last edited:

cl smooth

Reaction score

I just ordered from Norse Store last week and now FedEx is making me fill out some international shipping form. Hopefully a bill doesn't show up later :eek:

i had to do the same thing. it's already too late, you will be charged a 25% tax.

I'm in NYC by the way. Never got a customs bill from Tres Bien, but have gotten outrageous ones from Norse, Farfetch, and others. Makes me think twice about ordering internationally, especially since you don't know how hard you'll be hit until a month later.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

find a proxy i guess

oxx

Reaction score
I've been incorporating some military influences into my wardrobe recently, but I want to take it in a slightly different direction -- a little postapocalyptic, a little drapey -- basically Dune, or David Bowie on the cover of Low. What designers should I be looking at? Where else should I be looking for inspiration?

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
I've been incorporating some military influences into my wardrobe recently, but I want to take it in a slightly different direction -- a little postapocalyptic, a little drapey -- basically Dune, or David Bowie on the cover of Low. What designers should I be looking at? Where else should I be looking for inspiration?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads