• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr.orange

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So what's the risk in sending funds via gift to someone? Is the only guarantee between the seller and buyer, trust?

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn, I'm striking out with my online buys. Geller shirt I picked up doesn't fit. Chest is right, but the shoulder/bicep area is too tight. You'd think I were a muscleman or something (I'm not). Definitely cut for guys with very thin upper arms.

mr.orange

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2nd MMM flagship store opens in Beijing.

That doesn't even look like a store. More like an awesome house!

EDIT: Yes I am like 2 months late -______-

Last edited:

bows1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Damn, I'm striking out with my online buys. Geller shirt I picked up doesn't fit. Chest is right, but the shoulder/bicep area is too tight. You'd think I were a muscleman or something (I'm not). Definitely cut for guys with very thin upper arms.

Yeah dude :( I really wanted that shirt but Im totally inbetween sizes

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bows, are you normally between sizes in Geller? In the past I've found that shirts I've tried, which is only like three, have fit well. This one surprised me. But maybe it's just the particular shirts I tried on before weren't cut like most of his shirts.

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So what's the risk in sending funds via gift to someone? Is the only guarantee between the seller and buyer, trust?

I assume you are speaking in the case of where you are not actually sending a gift, but using the gift payment as a scheme (not that I have a problem with this) to avoid PayPal fees for the purchase of merchandise. I have read anecdotal evidence, here on SF, that even in the case of gift payments that PayPal will still allow for disputes. Why this is the case, I have no idea. IMO, if you send money via gift, that money should be considered gone. If you want the backing of PayPal and Its dispute resolution services (however flawed they may be) just shell out the 3% for the PayPal fees.

PayPal should just get rid of the whole payment via gift thing. They should move to a model where if you don't want to pay any fees for a payment then you agree to use funds from your bank account and let PayPal hold onto the money for 7 days so that they can make some money off of the float.

bows1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Bows, are you normally between sizes in Geller? In the past I've found that shirts I've tried, which is only like three, have fit well. This one surprised me. But maybe it's just the particular shirts I tried on before weren't cut like most of his shirts.

I am usually a 50 or a 52. One or the other fits perfectly. This one was right in between and weird. Which sucks cause its a great looking shirt

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I want to wear my stark every single day. Need to diversify my chunky knit game.

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes, pretty much.
I only accept gift payments, 4% or not. But I'm no power seller.

Have you had much experience with disputes? If so, what have you seen, especially in cases dealing with gift payments?

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hah, found a new shirt I like on Yoox (cool Raf shirt that starts checked, but then the horizontal lines fade and by the bottom it's just striped), but I'm tired of returns. No more online shopping for a while.

skitlets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Roden Gray randomly refunded me for an item I bought. What to do?

I'll email them later, if they catch it and charge me, I'll get hit with another foreign transaction fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads